mcarterbrown.com

ATS AT-85 AT-10 AT-6 AT-4

Old 01-21-2014, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

AT-10 on 12 grams?

Is it possible/sensible to run an ATS marker, in this case an AT-10, off of a 12 gram? I would include an expansion chamber and/or a regulator between the 12ie and the ASA to reduce the likliehood of liquid CO2 entering the marker.

I'm interested in using mine as a sidearm so it would not see heavy use and would exclusively rock out in semiauto mode. I know that someone had played with the idea a while back (Raptor perhaps?) But the thread didn't really say if it was a workable option. What are yall's thoughts?
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth View Post
Is it possible/sensible to run an ATS marker, in this case an AT-10, off of a 12 gram? I would include an expansion chamber and/or a regulator between the 12ie and the ASA to reduce the likliehood of liquid CO2 entering the marker.

I'm interested in using mine as a sidearm so it would not see heavy use and would exclusively rock out in semiauto mode. I know that someone had played with the idea a while back (Raptor perhaps?) But the thread didn't really say if it was a workable option. What are yall's thoughts?

Yes it can be done, but you will get about 18-20 shots.

Here is a link to one I made:

Full auto ATS stand alone paintball marker - YouTube

The details are in this thread:

Stand alone CQB ATS
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
Sun Tzu c. 544
Raptor 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Awesome, thanks man. I was pretty sure it was your work I was thinking of. That shot count is fine, it would be used as a backup and for clearing buildings at my local field (they only permit pistols under 250fps inside). Did you encounter any longevity problems with your setup and do you think the regulator is required?
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth View Post
Awesome, thanks man. I was pretty sure it was your work I was thinking of. That shot count is fine, it would be used as a backup and for clearing buildings at my local field (they only permit pistols under 250fps inside). Did you encounter any longevity problems with your setup and do you think the regulator is required?
You will need the inline regulator for sure. I could not get the marker to work without it.

I only used the setup for a few games as it was more of an experiment but it worked fine. I probably put about 200 balls through it without issue.

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
Sun Tzu c. 544
Raptor 10 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ATS