mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-10-2007, 11:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Hmmmm...that does sound like fun. I hear what your sayin' though. This could just get the foot in the door. $50 is alot easier to get past my wife than larger sums all at once. Baby steps, ya' know.
destro7976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I need to type faster. I got left way behind. And for the pump kit there is actually a review of iy here at mcb.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:21 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
Well then I stand corrected, do we have a website for this pump kit?
All it really takes is a different guide rod than the Autocockers use and a pump arm with a special bend in it.

http://www.pmpind.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1073

Cost is $40 for the Trilogy Pump Kit.

They also have factory refurbished WGP Trilogy Sports for $80

http://www.pmpind.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1025

You can contact [them] by using the information below. If you have any questions or comments [you can] contact [them] via email.

PMP Industries
PO Box 1991
Post Falls, ID
83877-1991

Email: info@pmpind.com

Fax: 309-403-6727
podup365.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Old 'n Slow

Check here for another Trillogy pump kit.

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/St...howtopic=20364

Dan
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

http://www.pmpind.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1073

review:
PMP Industries Trilogy Pump Conversion Kit
Raynman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:45 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
...the pump idea isn't going to work, and that it isn't a true cocker. Knowledge is power my friend, and it will get you very far.

Not a true cocker? Made by WGP. Basically the same internals, just not as easy to upgrade or screw up. Pump works great on it. Knowledge is power my friend, and it will get you very far.

Great deal for $50.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Hey, nunrleft. Is that your trilogy on the wall? If so, how are you liking it? That is the PMP kit right? By the way that is one sweet "true cocker".
Old 02-11-2007, 05:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

Yes it's mine. Actually when modded to a pump it works like any other sniper. Very accurate and quiet. Yes, it's the PMP kit. $45 shipped IIRC and about 15 minutes to install. (took a while to get my 3 way hoses off). I got mine in a trade on here for a 68/4500 which I had no use for. Came with an Evil Driver barrel, Shocktech bolt and adjustable drop. They make fantastic pumps.

Get yourself a Trinity T-Loc clamping feedneck. Trinity is the only company that makes a clamping neck for the Trilogy. Otherwise the stock one is friction fit. Mine is installed in the pic.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

destro, that's a screamin' deal on a T'pro you got.

And don't listen to these nay sayers. Yes there's no front block and yes the 3 way is fixed. But it's got all the peices of a "real" cocker. The only difference being that you need to alter the timing procedure to work around the fixed 3 way. But that isn't a biggie once you realize how it all relates.

The big part in 3 way timing is how it relates to the trigger release point. Too close and you have it trying to cock before the ball is out the end of the barrel and you get a lot of feedneck blowback. Too far apart and you'll find that the sear doesn't catch on the return stroke. So what you need to do is tune the fire point to work in harmony with the 3 way cocking points. This differs in that in the usual run of steps the firing point is set to about 1/5 of the trigger travel and the cocking point at around 3/5's. So you just need to note where the ram moves and set the trigger point far enough ahead of that so that it fires and cocks fine. And then just live with where the firing point is when you're done. Not a big deal since the trigger throw isn't that long anyhow.

The ram is just a regular screw in so that's upgradable if you want and the only other part is the LPR which on these have a special thread. But here too there are adapter bushings available to let you fit a regular 1/8 NPT LPR to upgrade if needed

THe only other issue, at least on the Sport and the Comp, is that the triggers are only "1 1/2" fingers long I've heard. So unless you're a kid or have girly fingers you may not get two of your sausages in there.

I just scored a T'pro off a guy at PBN (see? PBN does have a useful function ) a few days back for $60 plus shipping. So not nearly as good a deal as yours but it's still pretty sweet to me.

And Trilogies make a GREAT pump. With the ASA being built in the overall body is lighter and smoother and looks great with a pump kit. Also at that point you're not worried about the 3 way issues. I think they make for a cleaner looking sniper than the old school cockers thanks to this.
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

Well as I said, I stand corrected. The information that I had stated came from WGP when those came out that there was no pump kit made for them. Since then I have not contacted WGP.

And in MY opinion, I do not see those are true cockers.

Never the less, as I wrote, bravo on your find.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Autocockers