mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-12-2017, 09:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HgGFiNWsGg

You missed the first character in the address.

Nunquam emere quid potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HgGFiNWsGg

i cant see anyones...i get a blank box...but this is it...
NYKNIGHT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

trilogies are great. get a PPS LPR, a tech T timing rod, and whatever frame you want, and a PPS trilogy valve (Yes merlin size)

You can lop the feedneck off and thread it for angel threads to get it really good and low.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

If you're not interested in upgrading parts the Trilogy is actually the superior to standard cockers since they are notably lighter and slimmer.

None of the Trilogies have a threaded feedneck, but that can be fixed as others have mentioned.

I would suggest staying away from the bottom level Trilogy (the matte blue one) because it doesn't have a HPR. Its hammer spring wears out quickly since spring has to overcome the tank pressure. Also, the WGP HPR that comes with the two high level Trilogies is phenomenal. It still has to be adjusted in similar manner as the Trilogy LPR, but after the HPR is set on a cocker it doesn't need to touch so it's not a huge drawback.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cheap a$$ gunslinger

I want a slide trigger, and an adjustable lpr and a reg i can easily sweet spot or just sweet spot the stock reg, ill probably put in a derlin bolt/back block/pin combo, an on/off and i already have a barrel kit, but im not set on any of that i may wind up just playing with it as is for now, and im already ahead of you on that one, i dont want the basic model, but if thats what i get then oh well

STOCK CLASS-the Jedi way of paintball
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho91 View Post
I want a slide trigger, and an adjustable lpr and a reg i can easily sweet spot or just sweet spot the stock reg, ill probably put in a derlin bolt/back block/pin combo, an on/off and i already have a barrel kit, but im not set on any of that i may wind up just playing with it as is for now, and im already ahead of you on that one, i dont want the basic model, but if thats what i get then oh well
If you want regulators that can be easily adjusted, and plan on spending money on upgrades to achieve that, then you might as well pick up a standard cocker that already has those abilities.

Trilogies are worth the money if you plan on leaving them almost completely stock, and will outperform 'stock' WGP cockers if you're willing to spend the time to correctly set the stock regulators. But the minute you start putting money into them on upgrades, you basically take away everything advantage (price and weight) the Trilogy offers over standard cockers.

The highest level Trilogy (I think they called it the Trilogy Pro) comes stock with a decent delrin bolt. Delrin bolts have started to become pricey again, so you could potentially save money in the long run by picking up the Pro.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Its hammer spring wears out quickly since spring has to overcome the tank pressure.
This is true with all of them. My trilogy comp did the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
If you want regulators that can be easily adjusted, and plan on spending money on upgrades to achieve that, then you might as well pick up a standard cocker that already has those abilities.

Trilogies are worth the money if you plan on leaving them almost completely stock, and will outperform 'stock' WGP cockers if you're willing to spend the time to correctly set the stock regulators. But the minute you start putting money into them on upgrades, you basically take away everything advantage (price and weight) the Trilogy offers over standard cockers.
I don't really agree with this, though. Trilogies have several advantages beyond price and weight. The valve chamber is huge in comparison to a standard cocker. A stock trilogy (comp, pro, or tactical) will sweetspot at 200 PSI, much lower than a standard cocker (closer to 350 PSI for 2k+ models). You also have the option of throwing a morph valve, which very few cockers allow. The front block being integrated gives you a cleaner look, and better ergonomics. You can place your non trigger hand further up the grip without getting interference from the front block and pneumatics.

With the way cocker prices have gone up, unless you score a great deal you'll be spending close to $200 to get something with both adjustable regs. Assuming you get a Trilogy for $50-75, you can pick up a $25 HPR (like a black magic) and a new Trilogy rock for ~$50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cheap a$$ gunslinger

Exactly what i was thinking magmoormaster

STOCK CLASS-the Jedi way of paintball
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Well said Magoormaster.
THE Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:58 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'll chime in and add that the "vert ASA" on the Trilogy doesn't have a pin to depress a vertical tank valve

Also
You can't change the frame to a Slider [easily? not worth the hassle trying in my opinion and the TechT upgrade did not work for me back when I tried in 2011]
Maybe a hinge/swing would work, but I don't think I was able to get a Dye Single Frame to work with it

Takes a 2K+ length bolt, the barrel is Autococker threaded, the backblock works with 2K+ length Autocockers, the cocking rod works with them too I think I recall, and the detent also

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Autocockers