mcarterbrown.com  

Avratech Home of the Retro 7

Old 01-28-2011, 12:22 PM   #131 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

The retro does not chamber directly into the barrel like the Gargoyle, it chambers into the breech bore between the breech and barrel (like in a phantom).
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:26 PM   #132 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Hahahaha, that is awesome.

The new 'Nelspot' isn't a Nelson, it is a Nelson-clone.

Love it.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #133 (permalink)
YS-OFG

Josh, I agree with Jack on this one- as do several of my friends. We've been moving towards Carters and Gargoyles and SI Bushies for just this reason. We hate the breech-load of the Phantom, and the issues it creates with regards to barrel sizing, feeding, and brittle paint use. It's your gun, do what you like, but if possible, bore drop or a very short breech is certainly preferable. I like to have the diameter of the paintball fully supported by the barrel when I pull the trigger.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
flyweightnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #134 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
I shall say it again here....Cocker threaded Python kit with a "stub" front on it, for sizery goodness in a small package.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #135 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
I apologize if this question has already been asked, but when are these going to be available and when do you want payment by? I'm interested in one, I just need to know when I need to have money by.

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #136 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
Because bore drop adds about an inch of length to the gun and from my experiences increases the likelyhood of double feeds (without some ball detente system). In a small pistol configuration like this, that extra inch of length means either a shorter barrel to conserve the same overall length or a longer overall length to conserve the barrel length. Neither option is great in my opinion.
Why does it need to add an inch? I don't see any reason why you can't just move the barrel threads back far enough to only allow one ball in the breech while the bolt is in the open position. There wouldn't be room for another ball to double feed and when the bolt closes it would just push the ball into the barrel, no detent required.

Forgive me if I'm missing something silly (probably am lol).
Old 01-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #137 (permalink)

well guys, it IS possible for me to shorten the breech to the point that the ball is being chambered into the barrel... but its going to make the gripframe non-compatible with nelsons. if that's fine by everyone, it IS a performance improvement and also gives us a little more barrel length in the same overall package. I'd love to do this actually, long as nobody complains about it... the gripframe will be proprietary only, will not fit the line SI or original nelsons or phantoms, but the Retro will be improved.

mike: bore drop makes the gun longer, yes. we will lose lots of barrel length in the nelspot sized package, and really gain nothing.

skullcandy: earlier the better for payment, ordering information is in the dealer forum thread, approx 3 months till we have em done.

Last edited by ApoC_101; 01-28-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #138 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeds80 View Post
Why does it need to add an inch? I don't see any reason why you can't just move the barrel threads back far enough to only allow one ball in the breech while the bolt is in the open position. There wouldn't be room for another ball to double feed and when the bolt closes it would just push the ball into the barrel, no detent required.

Forgive me if I'm missing something silly (probably am lol).
Breech-Drop vs Bore Drop???

It's because the bolt needs to be about an inch longer. The feed port is moved forward about an inch. The bolt has to taper from 1" diameter of the hammer down to the bore size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
well guys, it IS possible for me to shorten the breech to the point that the ball is being chambered into the barrel... but its going to make the gripframe non-compatible with nelsons. if that's fine by everyone, it IS a performance improvement and also gives us a little more barrel length in the same overall package. I'd love to do this actually, long as nobody complains about it... the gripframe will be proprietary only, will not fit the line SI or original nelsons or phantoms, but the Retro will be improved.

mike: bore drop makes the gun longer, yes. we will lose lots of barrel length in the nelspot sized package, and really gain nothing.

skullcandy: earlier the better for payment, ordering information is in the dealer forum thread, approx 3 months till we have em done.
I vote for better performance over reverse compatibility. I highly doubt anyone of us is going to want to put a Nelspot frame on the R7. If people really want an R7 frame on their other Nelsons, maybe make a separate frame with the right hole spacing.
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #139 (permalink)

I know harb will be pissed, he wants to put these frames on his SI guns... but yea, I can make a different version for the older guns too.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #140 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
i cant wait to put a hopper bottomline and 12" barrel on this thing.
Droop is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Avratech