mcarterbrown.com  

Avratech Home of the Retro 7

Old 02-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #101 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoda View Post
Hey Josh,

Since I caught you online, is there a projected completion date for the 2nd batch of Gen III Retros?

Been anxiously excited since September (more like July), and well, ya know my birthday is coming up and the 2 feet of snow will be melting soon and I'm a nice guy and everything. Throw a dude a little hope?
I'm actually almost never online, sometimes I post from my phone like earlier, lol.

there is no exact date since there is no exact "batch", I work on one gun at a time right now and it's pretty much just me right now, since we are packing up the shop.... IE shutting down temporarily during the move, and there is no exact schedule (other than the deadline that we are out of the existing shop by March 15th, unless something goes majorly wrong securing the new location).

That being said, I'm working on the nearly finished retros first, in particular the ones which are already anodized and should have been finished and shipped a month ago. Once those are done I'll be working on another dozen of them, and the accessories, lots of anodizing needs to be done first though. Time and money are very tight, it's been a tough couple months so far this year... finished orders will begin to ship more frequently in the next couple months for sure.

To be clear: we are at least 3 months behind schedule for the new stuff, and I'm trying to keep it from slipping any further, but it's difficult. I just started a new day job this week since the last one was becoming a problem (****ty boss), tougher transit situation but a better workplace now (AND cool machines! Mazak Integrex's!). I had paid for plans to do a snowboarding trip with all my friends this weekend but decided to out for shop time at Avratech, will get as much done as I can.

Last edited by ApoC_101; 02-21-2013 at 08:33 PM.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #102 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

thanks for keeping us updated, =)

best of luck in the new job - better that you made the change than the other way around !

and thank you for yer efforts - time and patience for all things

/salute

my mcb feedback
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #103 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Setbacks happen, and I'm glad to hear it hasn't hurt your person making you disappear. I understand you've been set back a great deal, throw us tidbits when you can ! I'm getting more excited for my first retro!

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Donut SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #104 (permalink)
ye olde bastid

Thanks for the update.
Hope you find the time to A) enjoy life, B) work on Retros, C) check in here from time to time.
(not necessarily in that order)

TheFeedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
TheYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #105 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
3 months for the Magnum's?
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Jebus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #106 (permalink)

Yes the magslides are delayed along with accessories.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #107 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Ug... I guess I have to buy a used R7 in the meantime

Quote:
Old 02-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #108 (permalink)
Release the kraken

As long as it's on A schedule I'm more than happy
Apoc is trucking along where others would have fallen off a cliff by now. Kudos to you.

Vegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #109 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Yeah I know, first I thought I'd have one to play Nationals late January, but it got pushed back, which sucked but was fine with it, now the next Tourney coming up in April I was really excited to play with it in...and can't...which sucks, just loved shooting my old one, shouldn't have sold it until I had a new one in my hands, but there wasn't any Tourneys from the time I sold it to the time I thought I'd be getting it, so it wasn't a big deal.

Kinda why I said I might need to pick up a used one, I like shooting them that much lol. Can't wait till it is done and gets sent to the Ton's. Hopefully I'll have it before the following Tourney after April.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #110 (permalink)

New disclaimer specifically for MCB members: Please think twice before selling your Retro 7, they are limited production and you may not be able to get another one quickly or easily

PS another reason to re-consider selling: I mean it when I say limited... I will be ceasing production after I run out of frames, so their value can only go up... selling for 600 bucks is low-balling yourself.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Avratech