mcarterbrown.com  

Avratech Home of the Retro 7

Old 07-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #141 (permalink)
Banned

I paid 20 grand into that design and the plans for the third gen Falcon would work perfectly if I wanted to build them... So I'll just hold onto that. Not interested in open sourcing anything, although any half competent mech engineer could reverse engineer it easily enough (though the prototypes aren't even close to a refined design).
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #142 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I paid 20 grand into that design and the plans for the third gen Falcon would work perfectly if I wanted to build them... So I'll just hold onto that. Not interested in open sourcing anything, although any half competent mech engineer could reverse engineer it easily enough (though the prototypes aren't even close to a refined design).
Guess I'll see when 'want' happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #143 (permalink)
dragshank

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Guess I'll see when 'want' happens.
Well you could always buy the design lol
Old 07-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #144 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Or I could buy an existing Falcon and fix the trigger. That's the most likely route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #145 (permalink)
dragshank

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Or I could buy an existing Falcon and fix the trigger. That's the most likely route.
This is true
Old 07-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #146 (permalink)
Banned

You'll need to fix more than the trigger to get the most out of it. The AT bug is a result of sear geometry and requires replacement, as well the trigger needs to be modified, and new sear and trigger spring installed. The bolt sled requires replacing and the back of the body cnc machined to suit with more clearance. Also the front guide needs a counterbore to suit an improved puller guide with a step added to prevent action over travel, instead of relying on the sled/backblock. Also the valve stem and seal should be swapped for a palmers one. Fun times with obsolete prototypes
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:34 AM   #147 (permalink)

What's left to be done josh?
DCx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3adpool View Post
I think that depends on what sort of debt reorganization or bankruptcy any company is applying for.

I am not a restructuring guy nor do I know anything about Canada law but debt can be impaired if its proven the business is of no value or lacks value to cover its outstandings. In certain cases the debt holders can take over the company and become owners. They can choose to manage the business or if there is going to be a cash burn, liquidate assets to recover some of its investment.

If there is significant value, debt can be reinstated.

The question is are pre-order orders considered debt? Maybe an unsecured liability.
Late to chime in probably but as someone who used to criticize doc nickle for his "delays" and swear never to have gone that route of ordering anything custom across a vast distance, I did that with one of the limited serial first run R7s, and waited... 14 months I think it was from when I paid to when I got my gun. I still haven't used it against any living things beyond plantlife. The wait, and other factors turned me off paintball again for the time being. I haven't gone to play paintball now for over two years. My R7 with its totally unmatched gun metal finish sits on a shelf.... about 11 feet over my left shoulder from where I am typing now. When it arrived, it already had a broken part in it that I had to fix myself to make it work as anything other than a single-shot breech loader. Fortunetly I'm competent enough at hand machining that I had it solved in half an hour, plus I wasn't about to return it to Avratech for "repair work" and then probably not see it again for months (if ever).

If Avratech was actually properly incorporated as a limited business entity of some sort, then Josh can shut it down under our bankruptcy laws and basically skate away without losing anything but his own investment and his reputation. If it wasn't properly incorporated then he personally could be on the hook for the debts, especially any loans he co-signed personally.

However it could also mean that the trustee would seize any IP property as assets and that would include the R7/Falcon designs perhaps, which could then be sold to some other manufacturer.

As to the folks who pre-ordered guns from whatever "batch" the thing was up to, number one I'll say.... come on people... there was THREADS upon threads and hundreds of pages of "is my gun ready yet / any update / josh excuse posts" and you knew what you were signing up for. Number two, if avratech went "bankrupt" then the pre-order folks would be unsecured debt, and might if lucky get pennies on the dollar if a trustee took them into account after selling assets to settle secured debt sources like banks.
DeeEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:56 AM   #149 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
PPS Fan
Edited

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
....bro, you just gave me a quarter chub.

Last edited by Jebus; 11-22-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:45 AM   #150 (permalink)
MCB Member

I think we were all sucked in by a slick website, periodic updates in parts fabrication. I know I waited until the third run just to see if there was any consistency to the releases and it seemed good enough especially when Dex started to get him organized.

For Canadian buyers, there is still another recourse. We all have invoices with names, etc. and there is an inter-province small claims process.

In his last message, about two weeks ago, Josh said a few guns will go out by the end of November. I will take that as a sign of good will if he comes through on a few of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
Just gonna edit what I wrote - would probably be construed as a threat since I live close enough to collect on what Josh owes me - not my intention though. I didn't see any thread from the first go around when I paid $1100+
kospauste is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Avratech