mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
tsk
Country boy can survive.

Kaos Pump Picture Thread

Starting it off:

ANS Gear limited edition pump. It came with the single finger frame and the gold coloring.

Mods: I cut some material off the back of the sear and hooked the sear spring to the front (see rubber band coming out of grip that keeps the tension on the spring) so that I don't have to cock it as far back.

Setup: I put a very light valve spring in and then it sweetspotted to 300psi. At that sweetspot it was shooting 320 fps so I was able to cut off some of the hammer spring.

Use: One of my go to loaner guns. I have not got to play with it yet myself, too many other of my guns would be jealous of a newbie getting my play time.

Problems: Bottom macro fitting blew the seat off... they put crap on there. They did send quality replacements when I called. Also the reg adjustment does not let you make the full range because the oring hits internals threads and rips... again they sent a replacement piece so all is good. WHEN THE MACRO FITTING BROKE IT HIT ME IN THE SIDE OF THE FACE!! Air comes out the back when you fire. First time I shot it I got a blast of air in my right eye (unprotected) - scared me thinking if there was some loose debris. I now test shoot it with shooting glasses, actually after that experience I wear shooting glasses whenever I air up my markers in the shop.

Comments: I messed around putting different parts on it, barrels, regs, bottomlines, I ened up really liking the stock look and leaving it that way. The ball detent in the barrel is sweet! The feedneck is terrific.. huge range of adjustment, more than I have ever seen on a feedneck, I can tighten any hopper into it perfect.

Last edited by tsk; 06-14-2013 at 03:23 PM.
tsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Next Level Factory

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I have the same kp from ans. I resprung mine and my reg is set around 220. Velocity adjuster is way out. Shoots just as quiet as my pumped cockers
NLPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
on temporary hiatus

The wife and I's KPs. Taking 'em to SPE this very weekend.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

I'll share when mine gets here tomorrow...
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Scratch that; I'll update whenever Doro/UPS gets my stuff here. This has been the WORST experience with online paintball store customer service I've ever had. Flat-out lied to me on multiple occasions.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
tsk
Country boy can survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
Scratch that; I'll update whenever Doro/UPS gets my stuff here. This has been the WORST experience with online paintball store customer service I've ever had. Flat-out lied to me on multiple occasions.
It is "funny" how their voice tree says "the best customer service" as you are waiting forever to get through to them. I have sent them emails they never replied to (well really just one, but hey after one you don't send another). They have sold me items they don't have that I have had to call and find out they were never going to send to me and request the refund that they then never did (they claim they would have eventually done the refund and their accountant only comes in every so often). Then you get through to them on the phone and they say "let me pull your paperwork," seriously you guys use paper? They DO finally take care of you and they DO answer the phone eventually, but you have to work for it way to hard. I hope you get your marker.

Last edited by tsk; 04-23-2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Edited to not be so harse on them because maybe they will get better someday.
tsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

I was promised multiple times it'd be here by Friday.
I was told once "it shipped today" when it hadn't.
I was told three times "I'll call over to the shipping warehouse and call you right back with your tracking number".
When I finally did get my tracking number, it was for a FedEx package that, when it got here, had my hopper/tank with no gun. Only after I called back did they tell me the gun was coming UPS (said it like I should've known all along), that it would be there later that same day, and that they'd call me right back with the tracking number.
The gun showed up Saturday. They gave me my tracking number this morning.

My angry customer email of epic proportions got no response other than "Here's your tracking number; it says it was delivered Saturday". No apology, no explanation for why I was blown off/lied to repeatedly, no nothing.

'Eff Doro. I've bought from 'em multiple times in the past without a hiccup, but it only takes one bad experience to cancel out ALL good ones.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Yes, Camo works!

Here's mine...
Old 04-25-2012, 01:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
G.O.A.T

madasax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
G.O.A.T

Also question - How do you know what PSI your operating on, stupid question i know but i feel like i should be seeing slightly better numbers out of my 13/3000 with my Hyper 2 Reg on my KP - Thanks. It shoots consistant just want to get the best life out of my tank i can
madasax is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Azodin