mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pistol Whipper

Help with a zenith from hell!

I picked up a used 2011 zenith for my daughter, LEMON, so I sent it to be fixed, the tech could not figure it out so they sent it to the distributer (?). I tried it out at a field and it would not shoot past 175 fps, tried adjusting it ....... no change. Thinking it was the regulator, I changed regulators.....No change < 175 fps. No matter the adjustments it would not shoot above 175! Any ideas on how I might be able to remedy this?
delliverance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Spring kit.

Possibly has export springs (Germany, Japan).
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Radical!

Using co2 or air? If you're using air, make sure the tank has a high output. Consult the manual regarding the ZeRO system, which is the adjustable valve (more specifically, adjusts the spring tension on the valve's cup seal, controlling valve timing). Page 12. It needs to be adjusted accordingly, depending on what you use.

Stock main spring should be good enough for velocity adjustments, although spyder springs may fit.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Pistol Whipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
Using co2 or air? If you're using air, make sure the tank has a high output. Consult the manual regarding the ZeRO system, which is the adjustable valve (more specifically, adjusts the spring tension on the valve's cup seal, controlling valve timing). Page 12. It needs to be adjusted accordingly, depending on what you use.

Stock main spring should be good enough for velocity adjustments, although spyder springs may fit.
I am using hpa with an output of 800psi. I have tried adjusting according to the manual and tech videos........< 175fps. I will have to try a spring kit in it.
delliverance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Sell it! Lol a spring kit and some tinkering should get you where you need to be, also drilling out the vertical ASA does wonders too.
SmallTownKaos is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Azodin