mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownKaos View Post
OP is 240. You have a oring or 2 broken in the reg. Fix that first. Maybe the cup seal guide is stripped. Make sure you aren't using a gravity feed hopper too. And put a good battery in your z.
Guilty,I did use a cheap battery LOL! But I had a Halo Too on top of it. I'm very impressed with the Halo Too, it kept up with no problem when the gun went nuts spraying paint. Might be a few days befor I get the time to strip it down. Thanks for the input.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Okay I striped the entire thing down including the regulator. Not a part out of place or o-ring broken, not very dirty, doesn't look like it's seen much use. I set the reg at about 240 prior to putting it on the gun. When gassed up the gun was farting and or not shooting at all. When it failed to shoot I pulled the bolt just a little and let it go. It would then fart until it recocked. I turned up the reg and now it seems to be working. I'm now wondering if it was the board causing it to shoot multiple shots or if it was just shy of enough pressure to cock?
Old 10-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

when you say multiple shots, do you mean never fully recocking or acting as if you are walking the trigger?
SmallTownKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

So I just bought a Zenith

20+bps flying out the barrel with one trigger pull when the gun was set on semi auto only 13bps. I'm not sure I'm convinced the gun was fully cocking. I wish I had a simple way to know if it was the board. I'm also suspicious o the valve spring tension adjustment thing. I think the little metal disk in there could be binding causing erratic velocity. Or at times not even allowing the valve to open. I think that part should have been longer and more plunger like. I'm tempted to remove it or redesign it and see if that helps.

Just got the board to double dry fire with no gas in the gun. The more I think of it the more I'm convinced it's not one but multiple issues. I should probably contact Azodin and see how much a new board is. They may even be able to shed some light on things.

Last edited by 1shot; 10-25-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

yea, I had a problem with my z constantly shooting on all modes except semi. Ed sent me a new board and she shoots great now.
SmallTownKaos is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Azodin