mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-26-2013, 08:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

no, what you're saying makes no sense. You have something screwed up. somethings worn out, not sealing, or assembled wrong. No-ones fault but your own. quit being a douche to someone trying to help you.
SmallTownKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm having some similar issues with my Zenith. My bolt stuck most of the way back a couple of times, although my valve had closed. When I pulled back on mine I felt resistance. I think the hammer had jammed with the bumper. I'm also not sure I trust the Zero system. Many times my gun failed to fire when the hammer struck it. I think they are prone to sticking. It is frustrating, such simple guns having such complex problems.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownKaos View Post
no, what you're saying makes no sense. You have something screwed up. somethings worn out, not sealing, or assembled wrong. No-ones fault but your own. quit being a douche to someone trying to help you.
+1
Old 10-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

That's probably what is driving him crazy, it makes no sense. Yes he may have gotten rude with you but you are not bigger men be dishing it right back. Your response leads me to think that you never took him seriously. If you can't contribute something positive why even bother. I have nothing more to say.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot View Post
If you can't contribute something positive why even bother
Against my initial idea, I did contribute positively.. 4 times. Smalltownkaos did once too.

Putting all that aside:
The valve only sticks open when a ball is breached, this leads me to believe that the elevated blowback gas created from there being something in the barrel affects the valve and hammer more vigorously leading to sticking... This is the only logical explanation I can come up with.. This is most likely the same conclusion we all came to.

Only idea I have left to offer is find a working one and swap parts till you pin-point the problem. Good luck with your fix
Old 10-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Bob, i have to stop you right there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_wuzza View Post
Putting all that aside:
this leads me to believe that the elevated blowback gas created from there being something in the barrel affects the valve and hammer more vigorously leading to sticking...This is most likely the same conclusion we all came to.
At what point was it you came to that conclusion? It certainly was not apparent in your first 4 posts...

And each of your replies (minus the last one) seems to ignore the fact the marker functioned FLAWLESSLY...until the tipping point was reached. Which as i described was a combination of turning the reg up a hair to increase velocity and having a ball chambered.

Then smalltown suggested that i was lying, and that i must have meant 'fart' stead of "valve 'stuck' open" and only addressed his version of the situation. He then went on to say because it made no sense, the cause was obviously my own fault, period.

Please explain to me the 'positive contribution' parts of the above mentioned replies. That is likely why i got frustrated with you, because it seemed as though you had formed in your head what my problem was, then decided to ignore anything i posted that contradicted that theory.

Yes, this problem makes no sense...that is why i came here, to hope someone else might have seen this issue as STBB designs are fairly common round these here forums, as well as ppl who have worked on them.

That said, i will try to test it out again, as soon as i get up and moving again after badly injuring my knee, and video what happens, and how the marker behaves. I am also going to try switching the reg to another one i know is working fine. (as that is the only part that seems to have any influence as to the occurrence of this issue)

I HATE taking the cupseal/valve out of this marker b/c the threading on the base of the 'zero system' is sketchy at best, and it only grabs maybe 2 rings of screw thread to hold the reg's base on. So i have only done so a handful of times, one of which being the last testing session i did with it (2 weeks ago?)

Looking back on how this marker has acted since we first got it, it seems this has been an issue since the beginning. I just thought it was other things causing it at the time. There is no way i'm sending it back to Azodin for work b/c this thing is now over a year old, and they've already tried charging me for replacement parts (like the Zero-system base b/c the threads CAME OUT), so i know it will cost a fair penny to ship it to them, several times before they figure out that they didn't fix it the first 2 times. (happened with "my" Kaos, this one being described is my bro's)

Sorry for the wall of text, but i had to get that off my chest.

Last edited by panhead4411; 10-28-2013 at 03:17 PM.
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Kaos D doing some weird stuff.

Tapatalk error
delete please

Last edited by bob_wuzza; 10-28-2013 at 05:30 PM.
bob_wuzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Tapatalk error
delete please

Old 10-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Tapatalk error
delete please

Old 10-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

I came to that conclusion after I re-read the whole thread over again.

And my first 4 posts were questions or suggestions, to help me "positively" rule out other things. ( Pun definitely intended lol )

I've analyzed and over analyzed issues with all types of markers. Often it came up as a: how the hell did this simple thing cause it to do that moment.

So my list of things to check goes as follows:
1-Brand new name brand battery
2-grease/oil the obvious stuff
3-set regulators to proper pressure
4-disassemble, inspect and reassemble properly if not/change orings
5-try to pinpoint the issue if it wasn't fixed already
6-swap parts with working marker.

I've only went past step #4 under 5% of all cases.

It might be annoying but it saved customers time and money when They could fix the problem before they even had to start paying for tech time.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Azodin