mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Brass Eagle (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/brass-eagle/)
-   -   Project Rainmaker (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/brass-eagle/121037-project-rainmaker.html)

Deuce5150 05-24-2010 10:11 AM

Project Rainmaker

Well, my Rainmaker arrived last week and I have begun disassembling and cleaning it up. It looks like it sat in a barn and was never cleaned after chopping a few balls. Fun stuff.

I seem to be missing the bolt cover on the back of the gun. Does anybody know where I can get one of those? I checked on the viewloader site and they don't seem to be carrying them anymore.

Also, I am having trouble removing the air cylinder and the valve body from the lower receiver. There seems to be a pin holding it all in place. Any tips?

This is my first real attempt to do some customizing to and will probably have a few questions along the way. I thank you in advance for your help.

coldy13 05-24-2010 07:51 PM

First take off the upper reciever, bolt, and bolt link if you havn't already. The ram(air cylinder) is held in by one allen screw that's just above the front grip frame screw. They can be real hard to pull out, I use a wrench on the end of the ram to twist while pulling, but if you twist too hard you can damage the ram. If it's really stuck in there pull out the valve, one set screw holding that in from the bottom near the back grip frame screw. With the valve out you can tap out the ram, hammer, and carrier with a wooden dowel.

Deuce5150 05-25-2010 07:32 AM

I will give that a try. Thanks!

Deuce5150 05-26-2010 01:18 PM

Success.

I am getting ahead of myself here, but I was looking at possibly switching this gun to a double trigger. I was on the viewloader website and noticed that the trigger frame for the Raptor looks remarkably similar to the one on the newer Rainmakers. What are the odds that this is the same part and that it will fit on my gun?

#36 Double Trigger Grip Frame Pin Assembly [Raptor] 130340-000

Serpico 05-26-2010 01:37 PM

i wish i had the cash to do a RM project. I know a guy who has 7nib.

coldy13 05-26-2010 05:51 PM

I think the raptor frames are the same, it's weird that in the rainmaker parts they only list the single trigger frames and a double trigger... I havn't had my frame apart in a while, but the little posts the circuit board rests on look different in the picture of the raptor frame. Also I don't see the slot for the trigger switch, but you can mount a mouse button in there instead with some jb weld and thin metal wire or small nails.

Mad Marty 05-26-2010 10:23 PM

The frames are the same on the outside. However the Raptor ones are not set up for a circuit board. Also, the Raptor is a mechanical marker with a sear; the Rain Maker is not...

Mad Marty 06-06-2010 03:05 PM

Let me rephrase that...The RM does have a sear, but not the kind attached to the trigger frame.

Deuce5150 07-26-2010 10:17 AM

I'm getting my Rainmaker buttoned up and my thoughts have turned to barrels. I have it narrowed down to an Armson Stealth, J&J Ceramic or a Custom Products barrel. Any thoughts?

melkson 07-26-2010 01:57 PM

hey, i'm looking for a RM single trigger frame, and I have a spare double trigger frame...

Marty, still doing your Mods? I got a RM that may need some Lovin'