mcarterbrown.com  

Brass Eagle Brass Eagle owners can hang out here

Old 04-04-2012, 01:07 AM   #61 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Still leaking. Ordering OEM parts.
tmoneyblingbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #62 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

SPIDER! you sold your Rainmaker?!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #63 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoneyblingbling View Post
SPIDER! you sold your Rainmaker?!
Yeah. Too loud for me, and handled like a rifle. Neither of which are bad, just not my style. I try to stay out of my handicap areas. I also didn't want to mod into something else. It was working well, so I figured it should get some more play time. I tried to get hold of Randy, but his box is full and he hasn't been on in a while. Hope he is doing ok. It was actually more fun to work on than to play with.

I'm even selling my jeweled cat that was a pet project, for the same reasons. They're too nice to leave in a box, but I won't play with them or mod them anymore. I still have good supply and have to make room for new projects. Maybe another scrap rainmaker. I still have that lower body with the tap stuck in it....hmmm.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #64 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Update: After receiving a ton of rainmaker parts from www.JTPaintballParts.com and a little cranking of the HPR, the main valve/cup seal issue has been resolved. However, now there is a leak of the seal between the HPR body and the LPR body (compression o-ring). And so I happen to have misplaced the correct sized allen key. Hope to have better luck tomorrow on my day off. More to come...
Old 04-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #65 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
And so I happen to have misplaced the correct sized allen key. Hope to have better luck tomorrow on my day off. More to come...
Heh, after asking a team mate if he was done with mine, he said,

"Why is everyone so stingy with their allen wrenches? I've had bunches of them."

Obviously, he didn't have any of them left. They're sneaky, like retractable pens, slipping through wormholes to a planet populated with their own kind.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #66 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

lol luckily I had a whole other set in the garage. The o-ring was completely disintegrated when I separated the regs. Now it holds air BUT won't full cycle. Ram functions but no pressure is released from the valve AND the solenoid is leaking a tad which I can probably fix but first things first.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #67 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
lol luckily I had a whole other set in the garage. The o-ring was completely disintegrated when I separated the regs. Now it holds air BUT won't full cycle. Ram functions but no pressure is released from the valve AND the solenoid is leaking a tad which I can probably fix but first things first.
Just in case you haven't tried it yet, don't cycle it without the top body on there. I did that once. It's close to firearm noise level. At least cover it with a heavy rag. All that noise and then you realize it's ready to go again.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #68 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

haha ok. why wont this thing engage? the cylinder mount to bolt carrier length is correct. too heavy a spring maybe? bad hammer assembly?
Old 04-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #69 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
haha ok. why wont this thing engage? the cylinder mount to bolt carrier length is correct. too heavy a spring maybe? bad hammer assembly?
Make sure the sear can run up the face of the carrier. Either polish the carrier smaller like Marty's mod, or put an alignment pin in the hammer like I did. That engagement was really ugly in mine. If the LPR is low, it's fighting the spring and the sear and the ram can loose momentum and just not have enough force to latch up.

If the springs are a problem, I think you would have to get a fart out of it, because the poppet has to back up with the hammer.

Check the dwell (if you have it) and make sure it has time to fully extend the ram.

Have you done any of Marty's mods yet?

Old 04-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #70 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
Make sure the sear can run up the face of the carrier. Either polish the carrier smaller like Marty's mod, or put an alignment pin in the hammer like I did. That engagement was really ugly in mine. If the LPR is low, it's fighting the spring and the sear and the ram can loose momentum and just not have enough force to latch up.

If the springs are a problem, I think you would have to get a fart out of it, because the poppet has to back up with the hammer.

Check the dwell (if you have it) and make sure it has time to fully extend the ram.

Have you done any of Marty's mods yet?
true. no mods yet but im about to do the pin mod because it makes too much sense. i can picture that metal smashing together and breaking.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Brass Eagle