mcarterbrown.com  

Brass Eagle Brass Eagle owners can hang out here

Old 06-11-2014, 10:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

These are too awesome
My teammate just left a BNIB one he got at a pro shop for around $20 in my gearbag by mistake,I'll have to have him see this
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
With a bit of work and a few mods, Stingrays can work just as well as any other mech blowback. Their bad reputation is (mostly) undeserved.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
Stinger

Agreed, considering the age of the marker its mechanism is great, I have another project that I have not touched for over three years, an airsoft sniper rifle that uses the mechanism from the stingray, I did some testing and was able to make quite considerable holes in my bedroom wall with just 6mm plastic BB's... :-)

Will post up some pics soon with the complete Mod for these markers.
tangozulu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangozulu13 View Post
I did some testing and was able to make quite considerable holes in my bedroom wall with just 6mm plastic BB's... :-)
Another reason I don't play Airsoft: Digging out 6mm plastic BB's from under my skin....
Old 06-12-2014, 03:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Stinger

Yeah, people are always comparing airsoft to paintball, I just see them as different ways to practice and hone our natural warrior instincts, both have their plus and minus.

Seen far more horrific injuries from airsoft than I have ever seen in paintball.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
Stinger

Stingray II mod

So as promised some photos of the mod so you can put a tactical stock and rail system on your old stingray II.

The first thing you need to do is cut your existing ASA adapter.

you want it to look like this

You need a 1/8 nickel quick release nipple, they are available on ebay from china so be prepared for a long delivery time, good thing is they are inexpensive, or your local paintball shop might have some in stock.

5x Paintball Male Quick Disconnect Adaptor 1/8" NPT Made of Nickel | eBay

Once you have cut the ASA clean up the now rather large hole with a piece of emery paper, DONT file it, if you make too many scratches then the transfer tube o-ring will leak!

You will now be able to screw the nipple in, its a perfect fit and because the nipple is tapered you don't need to pre-thread the hole.
Use some PTFE tape to ensure a good seal, put the ASA in a vice and use the appropriate size spanner to tighten it in, don't be afraid to tighten it up nice and tight, it wont break.
don't to too far though as you need room for the transfer tube to slide in behind.

it will look like this.

thats your ASA done!

now you need to get some Alu flat bar and cut some strips to make the plate for your stock.
I wont go into too much detail as to how i made mine, the photos are pretty self explanatory, of course you will need a drill and some files, thats all i used to make all the mods on my ray.

You will need to shorten your transfer tube and make a new slit for the o-ring to sit in, I did this by putting the transfer tube in a drill, drill in a vice and then marked where i wanted the slit, I used a small thin file the size of the original slit and just slowly ground the slit into the transfer tube by resting the file on the tube while it spun in the drill.
If you have access to a lathe all the better, but it can be done in a primitive way!

as you can see from the photo above, I drilled a hole just behind the rear sights of the ray, it was 4mm, this is for the bolt that holds the stock plate in place, you can then just screw an M4 type bolt straight into the ray body, again no need to tap the hole, the bolt threads cut their own way in for a really tight and secure fit

the trigger assembly also needs some mods, the back needs cutting down and a slit made to lock the bottom of the stock plate in place, use a dremel tool for this or as i did before I had a dremel a very sharp utility blade! just watch those fingers!!

thats pretty much it for the ASA part.

For the front rail system i have found that most RIS rails will work, of course you need to buy one that splits in two, like this one on ebay.

CYMA M4/16 Aluminum RIS RAS CQB Rail Handguard (M014) | eBay

this is the exact one I bought, then its just careful cutting to fit it on, go slowly and remove little material at a time, then hold it on with some bolts, you will need to carve some of the ray body too, I even cut off the little bits of the pins that hold the barrel adapter in place, I use a LAPCO remora adapter.

the top rail is again just bought on ebay and bolted in, the other ray I have I used a picatinny to RIS adapter, it cost more but i wanted more height for the scope, but either way its easy to do.

the mag and mag well is just an airsoft mag cut flat at the top, I cut away the front of the rays trigger guard and shaped a piece of 1mm Alu sheet to fashion the mag well, its held on with two bolts.

to make the remote line that comes from the front rail I used a mixture of bits, some black elbows, a flexi hose, female quick release adapter, a bottom line ASA adapter and a very funky RIS rail piece I found on ebay.

you will need to cut the bottom line ASA adapter

if you cant find the RIS rail thing on ebay you can always use a scope mount.

the grip is again just an Airsoft grip, I used a longer bigger bolt to screw through into the trigger body just by drilling a hole, you want this to be well secured so use a decent sized bolt, you can even drill straight through the trigger floor plate and then tap it, take all the trigger parts out before you do this obviously and just put the two front and back pins and the plate back in the trigger body to keep it all in place when you drill it, grind off any part of the bolt after your grip is on so it does not interfere with the sear movement.

thats it folk, your finished ray can look like this!!

have fun and play safe.. TZ
Old 06-14-2014, 09:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
This makes me wish these things were still in production. Both of them look absolutely bad ***!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:57 AM   #18 (permalink)
Stinger

Murph, you can still pick em up on ebay, they were made in the thousands so plenty of them about.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Every Dog has its Day

Send a message via AIM to netsurferdude2 Send a message via Skype™ to netsurferdude2

Seriously, take that to the field and tell the kids about this new company called Brass Eagle that makes milsim guns.

Does BE still make guns?
When I worked in the county prison, all my pals among the correctional officer staff were always talking about how they needed a large(r) caliber handgun in case they were confronted by someone on "PCP" or "Angel dust".

Now... all they talk about is zombies.
netsurferdude2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Where did you come up with barrels for these guys?Or did you mod\make your own?
Remember the 1st modded gun I ever saw was my team founders Ray I with a Smart Parts barrel.He got tired of the barrel blowing off while playing
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Brass Eagle