mcarterbrown.com  

Brass Eagle Brass Eagle owners can hang out here

Old 06-06-2016, 12:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Stingray 1 elbow...

So I bought a couple of Stingray 1's quite a while back but haven't gotten around to using them. Well I replaced the o-rings in one hoping to use it soon. Good part - it airs up with no leaks & cycles great. Bad part - I just realized the outer diameter of the feedneck is even bigger than Stingray 2's so none of my elbows fit. Solution? Sand down the feedneck? Hollow out the inside of the elbow until it fits? Option 3 - ?

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

DO NOT DEAL WITH eXotiC1nE!!
homerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 12:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Has too much crap

Measure how big it is. Is it just a 1 inch and your elbows are all 7/8?

Tipx reloading mod
Feedback
Youtube
Ebay
smiffington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

I thought older Spyders & such used 7/8" elbows. Stingrays & I think Raptors used 1". Either way, the elbows that came with Stingray 2's don't fit my 1's.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Paintball is my Obsession

I concur. It's an oddball size. My stingray 1 came with its elbow and a specific hopper that fit. My other 1" BE elbows do not fit. If you got a spare 1" elbow or 2, just sand one of them out until it fits. Or you could sand down the gun's feedneck. I say sand the elbow.
pghp8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

I should have 3 or 4 1" elbows, maybe more, so I'll have to figure out a way to sand it out. I guess I've never come across an elbow bigger than 1".

Old 06-06-2016, 01:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Measure it. I think I have one kicking around here.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
The Ray 1, and very early Tigersharks, had a 1 1/16" elbow. And the elbow that was included with them had a 7/8" opening for the old style 50 round hoppers.

So you options are;

1. Find a Stingray 1 specific aftermarket elbow. They used to exist, I had one at one point, but are unbelievably hard to find now.

2. Find a Pro-team Stingray 1 clamp on powerfeed, which also happens to adapt the gun to a common 7/8" elbow. Again, super hard to find (though I think I may still have one in a parts box)

3. Get out your dremel. Or sand paper, or your favorite whittling knife, or whatever you prefer. I've used a dremel sanding drum to shrink at least a couple Ray 1 feed necks down to a more common 1" size.

4. But if you prefer to leave a vintage gun unaltered (of course altering the things is kind of the point of a Stingray ) and you happen to have a rather beefy 1" elbow, drill or dremel one end big enough to fit on the gun.

5. If you happen to scrounge up a stock Ray 1 elbow you can drill out the small hole big enough to fit a modern hopper.

6. Just thought of this one, the opening in the Ray 1 is kind of big, big enough to jam a 10 round tube into it. So you may be able to find a short length of 7/8" tube and jam it into the feed and clamp an elbow onto that. Not sure of the exact inner diameter of the feed, so it may involve boring it out or a health dose of epoxy.

Nunquam emere quid potes facere

Last edited by Fubarius; 06-07-2016 at 02:00 AM.
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 02:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

I actually don't really have any plans to mod the Stingray. Not because it's vintage but because I just like them mostly stock. I do have one that I've put a foregrip & aftermarket barrel but that's about it. Still, I'd rather not sand the feedneck. I should be able to work with the elbow though. I have kicked around the idea of making one a center feed & I plan on trying to polish the internals.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

I remember back in the day taking a copper pipe elbow, and making it work with a little tape.

On a side note, I remember the oddball 1.0625 size to be such a clusterfeck for Brass Eagle, that they started sending all wholesale orders with a whole box of free elbows.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yeah the Stingray 2's elbow come pretty close to fitting but are just a hair off. I wonder if heating the elbow in boiling water would make it pliable enough to work it onto the feedneck before it cooled off.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Brass Eagle