mcarterbrown.com  

Brass Eagle Brass Eagle owners can hang out here

Old 03-20-2008, 10:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Location: Leavenworth County Kansas, we're all prisoners here

Rainmaker leak

So my Rainmaker that I've had for 8 years (and only used 4 times) has a leak now. I'm thinking it's the cup seal but I'd like to know if anyone has any other ideas. It seems to be coming from just inside the gun by the lpr and the cup seal does look slightly worn. Would there be any other guns I could steal a cup seal from?
BillyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Check and make sure one of the cheap-*** plastic lp fittings isn't cracked or loose. Is it a torrential leak or just small hiss?

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Location: Leavenworth County Kansas, we're all prisoners here

Well the bolt will still partially cycle if I air it up but the leak is pretty bad. I know two people in my area that used to be fairly good at working on Rainmakers but it's hard to get them to do anything to any gun. So is the general consensus that I probably have something wrong inside the lpr? But non-the-less the cup seal does seem pretty chewed up, is there another gun I could steal one from just in case it's not the lpr?
BillyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I believe a Spyder cupseal will work.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 04:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

any particular model of spyder?
smithynz989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Just buy these: Lapco Spyder Cup Seal and Spyder Miscellaneous - Compulsive Paintball, Inc.
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

Replacing the cup seal won't hurt anything, but if the gun won't cycle, my guess is that there is a leak around the solenoid.

It is real common for the plastic barbs to crack. They just deteriorate after time. Lots of people replaced them with brass ones. It could just be the lp hose too, but it sounds like you are not getting enough pressure to the ram to depress the main spring and catch the sear.

You can use a wood dowel and try to cock the gun by pushing the bolt all the way back from the barrel side. If it catches, then you know that there isn't any obstruction and the sear is catching. Sometimes playing around like this will stop a cup seal leak too. Sometimes this will be all that it needs to cycle properly until you run out of gas. Then repeat the above before airing it up.

You should also pull the shroud and check all the hose connections around the solenoid. There is also a plastic barb on the end of the LPR. That's the hose that is routed between the grip frame and the body, and is pretty easy to pinch when putting the gun back together.

The above problems are ones that I've run into in the past. The regs on the RM are not the greatest, but they are dirt simple and if kept clean will work just fine for what the gun is designed for. They only really need to be changed when a person is trying to hop it up and get a faster rate of fire. If you just plan to use it with the stock board and as a "shot er pull" semi, they are more than adequate.

RM's are fun loud little air cannons, but if you plan on using it much, you will need to learn how to tear it all down, service it, and put it all back together. They need tender loving care, and regular cleaning, or stuff like this will happen all the time.
thkyle is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Brass Eagle