mcarterbrown.com  

Brass Eagle Brass Eagle owners can hang out here

Old 05-14-2008, 03:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

Sounds like a dry cup seal. It might go away with a little use, but it wouldn't hurt to give it a little oil. Rainmakers need to be cleaned and oiled often. There's a lot of "not real tight fitting" stuff that bangs, crashes and scrapes around inside those things with every shot!

I like mine. They're heavy loud gas hogs, that require a lot of tender loving care to keep running right, but that's what makes them so cool to take out on the field and play with too.
thkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Cupseal would vent down the barrel. I vote that it's probably coming from the lpr. Could be the fitting or one of the o-rings that seal it together. Make sure the 2 screws on the bottom of the lpr housing are tight.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

Thanks for the info guys.
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Plays on the cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeTrevni View Post
<3 my pump Rainmaker.
And I <3 your old one.

glaman5266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Thick

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaman5266 View Post
And I <3 your old one.
And I <3 both of mine.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

LPR? What is the LPR and how to get to it? Yes, I am still leaking.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
Plays on the cheap

The LPR is the backblock setup on the rear of the marker, more specifically the lower part. Just remove the screws holding them all together and the whole thing should come apart.

glaman5266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I guess my Rainmaker 1450 has some sort of AI on the board or something. Took it out on the field yesterday (I think it has to be one of the hottest days in SoCal so far, 111 in the afternoon) and it did the usual..slow leak and all. Let a few of the field refs and people who remember as well as people who have never seen the Rainmaker try it out. Well it sputtered and leaked and emptied the 12oz CO2 tank I had on it. Had them fill the 12oz tank again and run it through again. It leaked as expected. Then I get to the chrony to dial it in. It shot 159 out (haven't shot it in 2~3 years that would be expected) and started dialing it in. A few turn later 307, turn back, 270~285 and I leave it. Then I noticed something really spook; Silence. It stopped leaking. In fact it worked flawlessly for the rest of the day.

All I can say WEIRD!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 04:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Thick

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Yeah it's hot as hell up here in N.Cal as well.

Glad it's working now. RM's are weird- they work great in the garage, the next day at the field they get stupid. Or the other way around.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:48 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmic View Post
I guess my Rainmaker 1450 has some sort of AI on the board or something. Took it out on the field yesterday (I think it has to be one of the hottest days in SoCal so far, 111 in the afternoon) and it did the usual..slow leak and all. Let a few of the field refs and people who remember as well as people who have never seen the Rainmaker try it out. Well it sputtered and leaked and emptied the 12oz CO2 tank I had on it. Had them fill the 12oz tank again and run it through again. It leaked as expected. Then I get to the chrony to dial it in. It shot 159 out (haven't shot it in 2~3 years that would be expected) and started dialing it in. A few turn later 307, turn back, 270~285 and I leave it. Then I noticed something really spook; Silence. It stopped leaking. In fact it worked flawlessly for the rest of the day.

All I can say WEIRD!!!
Not really that weird. Sound like you just didn't have enough pressure to keep the valve closed, which means that the leak you had was probably around the cup seal. That model probably has a stack of 8 bell springs inside the main regulator. They are very sensitive, and just a slight turn of the allen screw will change the output psi a thus the velocity a lot.

The later models have a coil spring in the reg. Lots of Rainmaker owners used to buy after market blocks that replaced those stock regs in the back and then would mount PPS stabs and that in their place. Just FYI, the main reg should put out 400 - 450 psi in most case to run right, and never more than 100 psi from the lp reg or it can damage the solenoid and smaller hoses.

All this makes me want to get mine out, tune them up, and take them out to the field this weekend!
thkyle is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Brass Eagle