mcarterbrown.com  

Brass Eagle Brass Eagle owners can hang out here

Old 08-26-2008, 09:46 AM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

Just got my first set of Mad Marty modded Vector guts back from Marty last night.
  • The hammer is so polished that looks like it was hard chromed, and its shape is somehow more rounded--I'll have to compare it to a stock hammer before I install it, but it looks great and now has both a hardened striking face in the center, and a guide pin to mate it to the carrier more smoothly.
  • The valve pin has been ground down in diameter to improve flow at the cupseal--my inital concern is whether it can still handle the torsional force involved in removing the cup. I suppose I'll find out one of these days, but for now, I'll trust his experience
  • the bolt carrier doesn't seem too different, except the face where it mates to the hammer. That has been polished, and the whole carrier/hammer assembly seems to fit together much more cleanly.

I haven't had a chance to get the carrier reinstalled yet (the locking nut moved on me, so I have to count threads ), but I'm looking forward to testing this out this weekend. I'll post more here once I know how it all works.

Thank you much, Marty!
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:44 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Satclaire View Post
Just got my first set of Mad Marty modded Vector guts back from Marty last night.
  • The hammer is so polished that looks like it was hard chromed, and its shape is somehow more rounded--I'll have to compare it to a stock hammer before I install it, but it looks great and now has both a hardened striking face in the center, and a guide pin to mate it to the carrier more smoothly.
  • The valve pin has been ground down in diameter to improve flow at the cupseal--my inital concern is whether it can still handle the torsional force involved in removing the cup. I suppose I'll find out one of these days, but for now, I'll trust his experience
  • the bolt carrier doesn't seem too different, except the face where it mates to the hammer. That has been polished, and the whole carrier/hammer assembly seems to fit together much more cleanly.

Hey John,

The hammer is polished and rounded on the front edge to reduce friction.

The pin added to the hammer is normally done differently for the Rain Maker. I really want to see how this hold up on the Vector. I have an idea to improve it if there is a problem.

For the valve pin mod, the spring cup I included will prevent any torqing of the pin by the spring. On the Rain Maker I recommended they use the tappered spring or if I did the volume chamber mod, I added a cup for the spring.

The Vector's carrier seems to be of a much better quality than the Rain Maker. The steel is also harder than the Rain Maker one. About the only thing I could do to the carrier is smooth out the front where the sear latches. This in not only polished, but also has the corner removed. The front of the sear latch has also been smoothed out the match the carrier face. This should smooth the latching process. This really helps remove what we call the secondary pop on the Rain Maker.

Please let me know how it all works for you...

Marty

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Edmund Burke
Mad Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:14 PM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Marty View Post
For the valve pin mod, the spring cup I included will prevent any torqing of the pin by the spring. On the Rain Maker I recommended they use the tappered spring or if I did the volume chamber mod, I added a cup for the spring.
I'm more concerned about torquing of the pin by me, when I'm replacing the cup seal.

I'll be assembling this weekend and will give it a few thousand rounds of shakedown. Will tear it back down afterwards to inspect the hammer pin, etc. and will definitly provide feedback
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:44 PM   #34 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I have my Vec guts sitting in an envelope on the desk in my office. I keep forgetting to send it! I'll get it out tomorrow.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Brass Eagle