mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-29-2014, 12:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

Old Project: ePGP

I've known Ty now for a few years, and he's worked on several projects for me. Here's the first project Ty did for me, and easily the most known project that he's done for me. While I call it the ePGP, at this point it's not really a PGP. When it came to Ty, the body was a front block converted PGP using a cart valve that didn't quite work right, a detent that had been placed incorrectly causing chops, and a bore size that was the proverbial hot-dog-in-a-hallway. She was your typical hot girl that's completely screw up in the head. She looked great, but ultimately fully knew she would crush my balls whenever the opportunity presented itself. She chopped without fail. Here she was:

In the end, we determined that she was ultimately pretty useless without a major overhaul. Ty created a new body for me with an internal detent and lower tube to fit a MQ2, slightly milled down the front block, created a new back block, made an internal frame tube to allow me to use all three grip screws, milled down the MQ2 spacer, cut down the cocking rod (it's there to prevent torque-ing), cut down the pump rod, made a nice open face bolt bolt, and, for good, measure, ported the .678 barrel. It was a significant amount of work, but it did create a little paint-flinging monster. Here it is naked:

Here it is now. Don't mind the not-so-good duracoat. That was my first attempt with it, and far from the best:

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...514#post386514

Looking for a Twister body and back block!!

Last edited by cfos00; 05-04-2014 at 01:42 AM.
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

neat. video!
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
A few notes...

The back block was created on a manual mill... I used a Sherline rotary table to get the squashed heart shape.

The internal detent system is pretty interesting, at least to me. I used a 3/4" ball end mill to produce the feedport in the barrel. I machined the depth slightly more than the bottom of the barrel bore, producing a small depression that holds paint very nicely, preventing double feeding.

Technically this is an E-PMI-DF... sort of. The bolt and air passage position are basically the same as a non PGP P series marker... (Read that as "Seriously Custom")

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .665, .670, .675, .678, .680 and .685

Current Freak compatible inserts in stock:
.665 = 0, .670 = 16, .675 = 3, .678 = 4, .680 = 4, .682 = 4, .685 = 11

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

i called it the "Tiny Terror" when i shot it, cause it wanted to either rip paint out, or wanted to shake itself apart. truly an interesting piece to hold.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Airsmiths on MCB » Brass Monkey Customs