mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-19-2017, 02:07 AM   #41 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:11 PM   #42 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
It has been a while... I haven't died. Still working my way through customers projects.

I spent the last two weekends helping build an accessibility ramp at a friend's house. His wife is stuck using a mobility chair

Did a little work last night. Bored a Tigershark barrel for Freak inserts, and drilled and tapped a PGP back cap for an RVA. The next project will be to work on the Freak boring fixture some more. I was lucky enough to have a friend make me a new one, but the prototype needs some refinements.

My step daughter arrived home from an extended visit with her father, and was turned right back around to go to a weeks worth of camp. I got a big hug just before heading off to work. It made my whole day.

I have some contract work to do tonight, so there will likely be nothing going on in the shop.

This weekend is looking like a bunch of shop time, as Redstar99 will be swinging through with a pump 'Mag. He wants a ULE body milled for a pump slot, so I will either have him do the work, under supervision, or *maybe* write a program for the CNC, so I can offer it as a service.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak, Freak XL compatible and Equation inserts in .670, .678, and .685 (As I no longer have access to the machine to make certain sizes, I will not be replacing any which go out of stock.)

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO

Follow Brass Monkey Customs on Instagram and Facebook (work in progress)
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 05:22 PM   #43 (permalink)
Paintball is my Obsession

wait.... isn't the tigershark barrel the same as the stingray barrel? Is this eventually planned as a service?
pghp8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:34 PM   #44 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
No idea on the compatibility, but I can do Freak boring.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak, Freak XL compatible and Equation inserts in .670, .678, and .685 (As I no longer have access to the machine to make certain sizes, I will not be replacing any which go out of stock.)

Old 07-16-2017, 07:09 PM   #45 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghp8ntballer View Post
wait.... isn't the tigershark barrel the same as the stingray barrel? Is this eventually planned as a service?
It is not.... Tigersharks are threaded, Stingrays are slipfit with two pins going in crossways to secure the barrel.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:57 PM   #46 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
If I had a Stingray barrel to test, I could tell you if they are Freak bore able. It will work, provided the bolt does NOT enter the barrel, or it will pull the insert back into the marker/jam the bolt.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Old 07-17-2017, 12:33 AM   #47 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymcneer View Post
If I had a Stingray barrel to test, I could tell you if they are Freak bore able. It will work, provided the bolt does NOT enter the barrel, or it will pull the insert back into the marker/jam the bolt.

Ty
What measurements do you need?
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

My Feedback
Old 07-17-2017, 12:50 AM   #48 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
I need to know the smallest outside diameter within the first 5.125" of the breech end. If you are feeling benevolent, the first 8" would allow me to add the barrel to the Freak XL list.

The measurement needs to be done with a good caliper, as anything under .825" OD is problematic.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Old 07-17-2017, 08:15 AM   #49 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

The smallest OD, at the groove where the pushpins secure the barrel to the body/breech, is 0.738.

I believe the bolt enters the barrel as well, and as there's no actual breech for the barrel to butt up against, even if you could machine the barrel for inserts the bolt will pull them out.

My Feedback
Old 07-17-2017, 09:21 AM   #50 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Between the .738" section, bolt entering barrel and there being no shoulder to stop the insert, freaking boring is not possible on these barrels.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Airsmiths on MCB » Brass Monkey Customs