mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
The Southern Alberta Pump League

thesapl.ca website is now live, join up, discuss, partake, bring idea's!

Welcome to the SAPL!

The creation of the SAPL (Southern Alberta Pump League) is to bring light, and structure to an already thriving pump paintball community.

From this point on, all of your comments, suggestions, and critique of events and the like will be taken in and weighed into how things are done, after all, this league is for you.

Where Skill Meets Finesse
For those who are new to the concept of playing pump, you're going to be surprised at how much paint you'll save, which means more pesos for cervezas.

Friendly Community
Handshakes, calls of encouragement on and off the field, and a few bruises for good measure, the pump community is made up of gentlemen. There is little-to-no cheating, complaining, or overall negative attitude associated with it.

Structure
Much like local speedball circuits, we will be holding events based on a point system, with a final prize for the series champions.

A Chameleon League
We will be adapting and changing based on your opinions and requests. This is your league, and with you in mind is the only way it can thrive.

After great success with our first event, I've been anticipating one to follow it up.

Series Specifics:
3 person pump league, 1 reserve player permitted. All ages welcome.
4 tournaments within the series.
Points system will be used for event, not W/L/T.
Prizes for each event, as well as a series champion prize.

The goal of this series is to promote not only the growth of paintball, but the style of play and comradery that go along with playing pump.

If you do not already play pump, this will be a great opportunity to expose yourself to a pure form of the sport. I have already purchased a few extra markers to lend out, and sell.

I am looking forward to all the events this year, and am very open to feedback and suggestions!

September will be the tenatively planned first round of the series.
November, February, and April will be the other planned months.

Currently I am looking for ideas on prizes and series champion prizes, so please get back to me either via PM, this thread, or email at saplpaintball@gmail.com

Arrangements can be made to borrow a pump marker if you don't have one. As well, if you do not have other members to team up with, I will be able to group up those interested.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE A TEAM, OR NEED PLAYERS TO LINK UP WITH, LET ME KNOW. I WILL BE MATCHMAKING!

Call, text or email me with any questions!
403-819-7684
saplpaintball@gmail.com
--Cam Turnbull
The Southern Alberta Pump League
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
....bro, you just gave me a quarter chub.

Last edited by Jebus; 08-12-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Eclipse Sponsored Forever

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
What's the scoop on force fed and agitated loaders?

B/S/T Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
HeroForADay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
I think Cam wants to do a point based team structure, for example: A team is comprised of 7 points. A pure Stock class player would be one point, auto trigger with gravity fed hopper two points, and auto trigger with force fed hopper is three points.

So you can run two auto/force fed hoppers and a stock class guy against seven stock class.

This is just an example, the league will be heavily player involved, so we will try out this format first and improve upon it with feedback from participants. We want this to be fun for everyone, we dont want players feeling like they are going up against a stacked team shooting auto triggers with rotors and all they are shooting are pgp's.

Ill get Cam to post here, its his baby and he will be better able to explain, Im just his lacky.
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
....bro, you just gave me a quarter chub.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Canada