mcarterbrown.com  

Carter Machine Carter Buzzards, Comps, Mini Comps, Ducks and more!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2011, 01:59 PM   #601 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3
 
PB Weasel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burlington, Massachusetts

Palmers Fan
Lol it has had a few 12ies fly at me and majority of them do indeed hurt pretty bad. I will say though when it wants to cooperate it kicks ***.
PB Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #602 (permalink)
Eric
 
lechooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern California
Send a message via Skype™ to lechooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I Know what you mean man, I was directing it more to Lechooch. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time with the right trade and amount of extra cash.

We were in the hospital reeling from the loss of our unborn son. I was in a daze and stumbled across the sales thread of the Duck. My wife was taking the loss hard as she understandably would so I knew one of us would have to remain level headed. We couldn't both get lost in our grief. I started chasing the Duck. I had a bonus coming in from the AF Reserves (partial sign on) and that gave me some dealing money. From the Hospital room I started PMing the seller. PMing turned into texting and I buried myself in the chase so I couldn't let myself think about our loss. When we finally came home, the deal was almost done. Some pictures were taken and a deal was finally made. Money was sent and the Duck was mine.

I felt it was a Victory, however small and the memory of my lost son will always be tied to the Duck. Silly I know but I feel that by fighting for it I was fighting for him even though I couldn't actually fight for him. Not a day goes by I don't think about him. In fact, I named my Photography company after him. So the Duck holds a much higher meaning to me that any other gun I've ever had. The bonus is that I love using it!

We're expecting again, another little boy were told. The first time I take him out to play, I'll explain the history behind the Duck and how it's tied to his older brother he didn't get to meet.
That is a very moving story bro. I am really sorry to hear about your loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB Weasel View Post
Lech, if you do go for a duck for god's sake go with the twist style ingrip. While my slamming is sweet, it is a scary mofo when it wants to be!
I owned a bg with a slammy, 1st 12g into it shot right into my gut! Def go with twist changer or bba. Probably go bba because the cci changer is pure excelance!

Worrp, i thought that you were getting a dux from steve's new run?
__________________
Here are my current paintball activities:
Pirranah SB restoration:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...n-project.html
Comprehensive High end SC marker review/comparison:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...on-review.html
Youtube Chanel:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLechooch/videos
Feedbackhttp://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
lechooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #603 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive
 
worrptangl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Back in Da 808

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Well I sold you my mini buzzard didnt I. The next thing I did was pull off the list. I really didn't want to but I wasn't will to sell my boxgun and sit and wait for who knows how long. Steve is a great guy doing his best with what little time he has. So I have no ill will towards him, I wasn't ready to let go of my boxgun. Hell I almost sold it, and was already planning on rolling the money into a new one. I had pre-sellers remorse. Do you know how hard it was to put the mini buzzard up for sale? Hell then pulling off the list for a Redux which I have been lusting over since I got to hold one back in 07 in hawaii when Steve was at the OSC at Hawaii All Star.

I struggle with the urge to go down to Earon's and put in a build for a new mini buzzard.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
I will lock this damned thread up if anyone posts that disgusting picture I saw once.
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by worrptangl; 10-03-2011 at 09:15 PM.
worrptangl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:50 PM   #604 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy
 
dundadun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I Know what you mean man, I was directing it more to Lechooch. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time with the right trade and amount of extra cash.

We were in the hospital reeling from the loss of our unborn son. I was in a daze and stumbled across the sales thread of the Duck. My wife was taking the loss hard as she understandably would so I knew one of us would have to remain level headed. We couldn't both get lost in our grief. I started chasing the Duck. I had a bonus coming in from the AF Reserves (partial sign on) and that gave me some dealing money. From the Hospital room I started PMing the seller. PMing turned into texting and I buried myself in the chase so I couldn't let myself think about our loss. When we finally came home, the deal was almost done. Some pictures were taken and a deal was finally made. Money was sent and the Duck was mine.

I felt it was a Victory, however small and the memory of my lost son will always be tied to the Duck. Silly I know but I feel that by fighting for it I was fighting for him even though I couldn't actually fight for him. Not a day goes by I don't think about him. In fact, I named my Photography company after him. So the Duck holds a much higher meaning to me that any other gun I've ever had. The bonus is that I love using it!

We're expecting again, another little boy were told. The first time I take him out to play, I'll explain the history behind the Duck and how it's tied to his older brother he didn't get to meet.
Very sad to hear. My older sister died during childbirth as well. But my parents have myself and my younger sister now, and I have plenty of guns to make up for my dad not buying a Duck.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:09 PM   #605 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive
 
worrptangl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Back in Da 808

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB Weasel View Post
Lol it has had a few 12ies fly at me and majority of them do indeed hurt pretty bad. I will say though when it wants to cooperate it kicks ***.
You need to have Earon make you a BBA so it's a safer more playable gun.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
I will lock this damned thread up if anyone posts that disgusting picture I saw once.
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
worrptangl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #606 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3
 
PB Weasel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burlington, Massachusetts

Palmers Fan
It has a "duck tail" style rail so that is out . . . . Thinking of having him make an in-grip twist style, I should get in touch with Manny about that actually.
PB Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:16 PM   #607 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive
 
worrptangl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Back in Da 808

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Ha your right I actually just thought of that while editing my previous post!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
I will lock this damned thread up if anyone posts that disgusting picture I saw once.
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
worrptangl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #608 (permalink)
Eric
 
lechooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern California
Send a message via Skype™ to lechooch

So, here is my current thought proccess, I could sell the bg for roughly 1300. Sell the falcon for roughly 700, sell the pug for 350 and maybe something else for the rest should i need to.

My idea on specs is full size, bba with cci changer, extended barrel with inserts, raw aluminum and outside anno or just polish.

what do you guys think? All up in air at the moment...
__________________
Here are my current paintball activities:
Pirranah SB restoration:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...n-project.html
Comprehensive High end SC marker review/comparison:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...on-review.html
Youtube Chanel:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLechooch/videos
Feedbackhttp://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
lechooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #609 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy
 
dundadun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lechooch View Post
So, here is my current thought proccess, I could sell the bg for roughly 1300. Sell the falcon for roughly 700, sell the pug for 350 and maybe something else for the rest should i need to.

My idea on specs is full size, bba with cci changer, extended barrel with inserts, raw aluminum and outside anno or just polish.

what do you guys think? All up in air at the moment...
what gun type is this for again?
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:32 PM   #610 (permalink)
Eric
 
lechooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern California
Send a message via Skype™ to lechooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
what gun type is this for again?
carter duck
__________________
Here are my current paintball activities:
Pirranah SB restoration:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...n-project.html
Comprehensive High end SC marker review/comparison:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...on-review.html
Youtube Chanel:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLechooch/videos
Feedbackhttp://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
lechooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Carter Machine

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC