mcarterbrown.com  

Carter Machine Carter Buzzards, Comps, Mini Comps, Ducks and more!

Old 06-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3

Palmers Fan
Nice, good to hear you worked it out. See ya Sunday right?
PB Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Insane Psychopath. :D

Send a message via AIM to Legato

Saturday. I am playing at PNL, cause it is 15 minutes from work. So i work friday night/saturday morning til 8 am. Drive to PNL and get there by 8:20 or so. Then play all day, come home and nap for a few hours, and go work a 12 hours shift that night, then probably be up all day sunday with the wife and maybe get 3 hours sleep sunday before work that night. Will be a busy and hectic weekend
Legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3

Palmers Fan
I too work the 12 hour nights, such a pleasure . . . . Well in any case see you this weekend
PB Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legato View Post
OK interesting turn of events. Tried four different sized bolt o rings. Same everytime. Still auto triggers. Then I thought about how russc said if the bolt is too far forward. So I threw a barrel on with the stock o rring. No more AT. Added my 13 CI tank. Still no auto triggering. So I guess I need to use a barrel to dryfire the marker. Never been like this before. But just happy it is working now. Going to make a mess when I run oil through her. But oh well.

Thank you all for your help. Now I feel like a moron for not trying that earlier. Sorry. :-( just wish I knew wwhat changed, since before it never did this without a barrel.
Yep, many Carters will fire on the forward stroke without a barrel in place to arrest the forward progress of the bolt/hammer (the sear is hitting its release screw as if you are pulling the trigger).
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

i am having this same problem with my comp but it autotriggers even with the barrel on how do i fix this issue, give me some options mcb!

Agglet on Paintball Pet Peeves - "Milsim overload. I don't understand how everything that isn't tournament play became milsim. It was like one day I woke up and every paintball field had been occupied by a slightly overweight military force. "
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I just shot ya a pm... Check the autotrigger adjustment screw, ensure that it has a large enough bolt o-ring to seal in the barrel and arrest forward progress, confirm that the sear isn't damaged, and that the trigger is properly adjusted to release the sear.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Carter Machine