mcarterbrown.com  

Carter Machine Carter Buzzards, Comps, Mini Comps, Ducks and more!

Old 06-23-2011, 03:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Insane Psychopath. :D

Send a message via AIM to Legato

Mini Comp Auto Triggering issue, like old buzzards had

Ok, so i want to use my Mini Comp saturday at a scenario. I have never used a bulk tank on her before because when she was made, earon didn't put the depresser pin in the ASA to depress the pin valve on a tank. So i have been using 12 grams only for 2 years now.

I finally got an ASA extender that lets me put a tank there. It screws into the backbottle, i screw the tank into that, then turn the on/off and i am golden...or so i thought....

Now for some reason as soon as i pump and let go of the pump handle on the return it fires automatically> Like the old problem SS Snub'd buzzards had. I pressed the bodies as close as i could get them, mind you they can only really fit one way together since there are definite screw holes and not a snub that can slide, and i have never had this issue before.

Any ideas on what it could be? I am going to try with a 12 gram in the morning and see if the same problem exists. I took her apart, and put her back together again, still same issue. Didn't get to test with a 12 gram because it was so close to "quiet time" in my condo. Figured i can just do it in the morning today.

Any help would be appreciated. Maybe she just doesn't like HPA???
Legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3

Palmers Fan
Perhaps the screw that protrudes up through the trigger that contacts and trips the sear is up too far and tripping the sear too early? That is the only think I would think of having that effect. Sorry dude that is a weird one . . . Good Luck
PB Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Took her apart. Sear looks crisp and sharp on the back end. The part you are referring to looks slightly rounded over. Never really looked at that screw before. Never have adjusted it. Never needed too. I lowered it 1/2 turn and the marker won't cock. Was a PITA to turn. Turned it back the 1/2 turn to where it was...still auto triggering issue. Does it even dry firing. Yes she cocks without air. Always has. Tried pushin valve closer to body, all fractions of a millimeter that I can. Tried em apart. Still same thing. :-(

Thinking I am going to have to use the blazer Saturday until I can get a new trigger sear tripping screw that isn't rounded over. I can't think of anything else that it could be. :-(

I am hesitant to try to resharpen the current one as giving me tools is a bad idea. Nothing i touch eends up well. LOL
Old 06-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Have you tried the 12 gram yet?
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
worrptangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by worrptangl View Post
This. I was having a horrible AT issue with my Duck so I had to send it in to Carter. He ended up having to replace the sear and the trigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
The reason i ask is because if it worked prior to running the bulk tank then see if it does it with a 12 gram
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
worrptangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

It might just be that your bolt o-ring is worn down, which is allowing the bolt to travel too far forward.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3

Palmers Fan
Good point russc, and legato that sear tripping rounded off grub screw looking thing is supposed to be round on top
PB Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by worrptangl View Post
Don't need to. It still does the auto triggering even dry firing with no air. No need to test a 12ie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
It might just be that your bolt o-ring is worn down, which is allowing the bolt to travel too far forward.
I will try replacing it. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB Weasel View Post
Good point russc, and legato that sear tripping rounded off grub screw looking thing is supposed to be round on top
I thought maybe it should. But wasnt ssure. Never looked at it before
Old 06-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

OK interesting turn of events. Tried four different sized bolt o rings. Same everytime. Still auto triggers. Then I thought about how russc said if the bolt is too far forward. So I threw a barrel on with the stock o rring. No more AT. Added my 13 CI tank. Still no auto triggering. So I guess I need to use a barrel to dryfire the marker. Never been like this before. But just happy it is working now. Going to make a mess when I run oil through her. But oh well.

Thank you all for your help. Now I feel like a moron for not trying that earlier. Sorry. :-( just wish I knew wwhat changed, since before it never did this without a barrel.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Carter Machine