mcarterbrown.com  

Carter Machine Carter Buzzards, Comps, Mini Comps, Ducks and more!

Old 08-15-2011, 09:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
i wanna live dangerously

Well that sounds frustrating for sure.

What I wanna know is why would you contact the BBB? Did you send money to Demonio or Carter Machine? Did they fail to deliver a product you paid for? If so then that would be a good course of action. But you did not mention that. CM and/or D are not responsible for how you received your marker in your trade so technically you were never a customer of either of them. Just Sayin.
In my dealing with Demonio (1 time) it took some time but all was in order and he didn't ask for funds until my stuff was ready. But I didn't have anything to intricate. Just a few parts (bolt/hammer setup & power tube assembly)
Lucky for me I play pump in so.cal, I just met with D at a field that we were playing at so he just handed me the stuff. But it did take time and I was very happy when I got what I needed.

I feel your pain in having to refund the money to the one that purchased the marker from you. That has happened to me before. Although I was supposed to recieve parts in a previous trade that never arrived. I got gyped on the 1st trade that screwed me in the 2nd trade. Sometimes it pays to have the extra's already before making any new trades. Creates complications.

(by the way, it did take a few weeks for a 1st response but I wasn't in any terrible rush so I didn't mind)
4QIZOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #12 (permalink)

I would like to send money to them but when they never contact you then it seems they are ignoring you... the BBB is not just for complaints of monetary value.. It logs other problems as well... while it may not help myself out it may help out some of the others whom Has purchased some items and are getting the same treatment... I will state this everyone's time is precious to them... while there is somethings more important than other things.. there is such a thing as etiquette and professionalism.. I have yet to see either one.. I sent another message off asking about sending the marker in to have it looked over so the problems can be looked at and remedied.. and yet again nothing...
I have been pretty straight forward and patient, and I think it isn't to much to expect a response within a month.. this has left a very bad taste in my mouth over someone I had thought was one of the best in this sport...
buzzinhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
smells good!

Thumbs down

missing screws... bent spring... no barrel... no velocity adjuster... hate to say, but it doesn't sound like a good trade; what did the other guy get?

as previously posted, Demonio isn't an employee of Carter Machine, and while someone may have suggested you contact him, that certainly doesn't mean he has any obligation to communicate with you. furthermore, Carter Machine is also not under any obligation to communicate or do business with you - i may have missed the sign as the shop is a little cluttered, but i'm sure they "reserve the right to refuse service."
and, wow, you're not alone in this terrible sage - others, apparently, are with you in the quest for the mythical email reply. free advice: never buy a bob long marker... you may be disappointed.
a BBB complaint? if a had a penny for every time one of those came across my desk, i could get up off the couch, get in the car, drive across town to Carters, buy your parts, box 'em, ship 'em, and still have money left. you are not owed anything, Carter Machine is not under contractual obligation to provide you any service, and, i would guess, they most likely won't have any interest with doing business with you - ever; customers that post rants on message boards, without having even purchased any thing (guess you could call them pre-customers), are not the kind of people a business wants to be in... business with.
i would advise researching parts availability the next time you trade for half a gun.

WTB: Black 07 Ego Eye Covers

WTB: AGD Z-grip or Y-frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
what stimpy said
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
My butt hole hurts all the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
Stimps is the man! Not only does he smell his own farts, but he enjoys it at the same time.

FEEDBACK<<<<
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ninja

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
^^^

JF Paintball & Airsoft
Grass Valley, CA
(530) 273-3582
Everything to Get You in the GAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
We don't lower the bar so that everyone can get an A. That's a foolish notion.
dack maddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
. . . . .

and

PB Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Eric

Send a message via Skype™ to lechooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
missing screws... bent spring... no barrel... no velocity adjuster... hate to say, but it doesn't sound like a good trade; what did the other guy get?

as previously posted, Demonio isn't an employee of Carter Machine, and while someone may have suggested you contact him, that certainly doesn't mean he has any obligation to communicate with you. furthermore, Carter Machine is also not under any obligation to communicate or do business with you - i may have missed the sign as the shop is a little cluttered, but i'm sure they "reserve the right to refuse service."
and, wow, you're not alone in this terrible sage - others, apparently, are with you in the quest for the mythical email reply. free advice: never buy a bob long marker... you may be disappointed.
a BBB complaint? if a had a penny for every time one of those came across my desk, i could get up off the couch, get in the car, drive across town to Carters, buy your parts, box 'em, ship 'em, and still have money left. you are not owed anything, Carter Machine is not under contractual obligation to provide you any service, and, i would guess, they most likely won't have any interest with doing business with you - ever; customers that post rants on message boards, without having even purchased any thing (guess you could call them pre-customers), are not the kind of people a business wants to be in... business with.
i would advise researching parts availability the next time you trade for half a gun.
Most level headed post I have seen. Demonio is not going to want to do buisness with you when you post rants about him in his section, send him countless messages, and when you are rude.
Youtube Chanel:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLechooch/videos
Feedbackhttp://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
lechooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Stimpy said it. Demonio is Earon's internet voice so to speak. Although he is the best person to contact, with matters concerning Carter machine, he is not an employee. He is a close personal friend of Earon's, and he is helping him out by doing this. Carter Machine is a one man show and you can ask anyone who has actually seen his place. He is busy! He works long hours and he isn't getting any younger.

Trust me everyone has to wait.

I have my signature set up the way I do because people were contacting me thinking I could get in touch with Earon for them. While I do try to lend a hand and some friendly advice where I can. It doesn't mean I can or would for that matter. I have passed on some questions/concerns to Demonio, but I am in no way obligated to do so.

Being that I know what I know that is why I tell people have patience. It is none of their business to know except that everyone has a life and things happen. Patience is virtue!
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by worrptangl; 08-19-2011 at 08:54 PM.
worrptangl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #18 (permalink)

While I started this AFTER sending messages to Manny ..trying to send a PM here (box full) then not sure if send him an email works thru his profile.. and seeing him read my message on PBN.. I have apologized for the multi messages because again not sure if he got them because of SPAM filters etc.. but I knew he got the message on PBN..
1.. I never asked that I be made a priority nor wanting anything for free..or that I was more important than anyone else. I have stated everyone has their own life and no one's is any more important than anyone elses.. that they have a life is fine.. but so do others whom have took time out of their life to contact them.. everyone is busy so lets try not to get into whom is busier than whom..
2.. That the items I was wanting was not on the website store meant I had to contact them...I.E. it is in his profile to contact him about Carter Machine so is a response warranted to a question about service parts etc???
3.. How many of you have gotten a marker in a trade and realized the trade was not as good as it should have been.. then trying to make the best of a bad situation and get the parts to make the marker work like it should?? Does this make you any less of a customer?
4.. That there is another post in this thread from an individual whom has an issue with a Woosh and feels he has been ignored since May. Two others did not post but sent me pm's letting me know there issues and another whom supplied a phone number.. which I gave to the guy whom bought my marker as I was awaiting a reply from Manny..
5.. I never meant for my post to be rude nor do I think they are.. others on here also have said that it takes a while to get a response...thus that is an issue that needs addressed what is a reasonable wait time?? 2 days? 2 weeks 2 months? ... my mistake was assuming he was going to respond back with some info by the way his message to me read.. that he didn't after waiting 2 weeks yet posted on here in a forum leads one to believe your being ignored.. sorry but that is how I interpreted it.
6.. With all that has been posted.. a simple update from Manny would have alleviated alot of confusion and frustration.. thus that is/was my only complaint That he has responded and I have paid him for the parts then the matter is closed.. and I thank him for his time and efforts.. I will say that he seems like a really great guy and I commend him for the undertaking he has chosen to do for his friend and he has good friends that have stuck up for him here and again I apologize for offending anyone

Last edited by buzzinhi; 08-20-2011 at 11:22 AM.
buzzinhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
And now we need the thread locked...IMO
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
worrptangl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #20 (permalink)
Eric

Send a message via Skype™ to lechooch

I will pm a mod.
Youtube Chanel:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLechooch/videos
Feedbackhttp://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
lechooch is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Carter Machine