mcarterbrown.com  

Carter Machine Carter Buzzards, Comps, Mini Comps, Ducks and more!

Old 01-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Hawkeye: Finest Kind

CCM Fan
I had the same issue with the freak back on my Mini Buzzard. A Kaner Barrel back would thread in fine but everything else would seize about half way in. I took some sandpaper to the threads on the freak back. After about 5 minutes of turning the barrel against the sand paper I had removed just enough outer diameter from the threads that it screwed in fine.

This is alot cheaper than getting a barrel bored out or getting new inserts from Earon.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
AKA "BlackGates-5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon View Post
I had the same issue with the freak back on my Mini Buzzard. A Kaner Barrel back would thread in fine but everything else would seize about half way in. I took some sandpaper to the threads on the freak back. After about 5 minutes of turning the barrel against the sand paper I had removed just enough outer diameter from the threads that it screwed in fine.

This is alot cheaper than getting a barrel bored out or getting new inserts from Earon.
Wow, I thought I was the only one crazy enough to do something like that! LOL... I have a couple old backs so I figured it wouldn't hurt. I worked it for a bit using 150 grit, but I still couldn't get it to thread more than the first two threads so I stopped (I hated doing that to the ano).

We'll see how my detent mod (finger nail polish) works today at the field - just shot a nice 280-290 string through a.688 barrel using .684 paint w/ no roll outs (fired 6 shots) so we'll see...

Another alternative that I'm going to try, recommended by SSC, is a Empire Trracer Barrel... i found a guy willing to sell one for $25+shipping so I'm going to pick that up from him... it may end up under Ryans mill if it's not already at least a .685 bore
O-RINGS FOR SALE (EVERY SIZE! ANY QTY!): http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...110-115-a.html

My Feedback:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

VOTE SLIM A:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ote-slims.html
short304 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Carter Machine