mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Carter Machine (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/carter-machine/)
-   -   Nelson railgun and cip goodness... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/carter-machine/196805-nelson-railgun-cip-goodness.html)

lechooch 03-23-2012 10:11 PM

Nelson railgun and cip goodness...

Hey guys, I was at paintball gateway today getting some parts for my phantom and I was talking to one of the guys(mike) about guns and carter stuff. He said that his brother owns checkit products and that he has some old check it stuff and pulls out 3 cip boxguns...He then shared with me that about 250 were made and only 150 sold because there were issues with pierce-pin alignment. He might trade me some stuff. Oh and then he pulls out derrick obotake's NELSON RAIL GUN!!! It is awesome! I can see all the design and work that went into it and I took a short video: Nelspot rail gun - YouTube

And no he will never sell it....I already asked. I am going back tomorrow for a few hours to work on the boxguns and maybe trade stuff.

Oh and I ran into heinous:)

EDIT: lots of pics later of cip and railgun...

Stitch 03-23-2012 10:14 PM

heh - get the CNC info and we can make them live again =)

dm6rocker 03-23-2012 10:16 PM

That sir, is a true piece of history. Words can not express how jealous I am that you got to fondle that.

Is he going to sell any of the Box guns?

spymongoose 03-23-2012 10:17 PM

I had always seen that marker in the lineup pic of duck development, and had always wondered about it.

OK MCB airsmiths, who is up for making me a rail like that :)

lechooch 03-23-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dm6rocker (Post 2272179)
That sir, is a true piece of history. Words can not express how jealous I am that you got to fondle that.

Is he going to sell any of the Box guns?

Not sure about that...I will see tomorrow, he wants to trade with me. I will be there for a few hours polishing internals and such as they have been in a crate for like 20 years...The rail gun is smooth too...

Whee McGee 03-23-2012 10:28 PM

Hahaha subscribed.

dm6rocker 03-23-2012 10:33 PM

No worries, bud. I was just curious, more or less. I am eagerly anticipating more pictures of Mr. Obatake's Nelly, though!

dundadun 03-23-2012 10:44 PM

I've got all these visions of old CIP guns with r7 and dsp frames!

lechooch 03-24-2012 04:04 PM

Heading out right now, will report back in a few hours...:)

lechooch 03-24-2012 09:41 PM

Well...Im back lol. What a day. The stuff I learned was incredible. I saw a baby right feed duck with slam, a ton of boxguns. Cockers and nelsopts with sight rails and millets. A duck mag...Yeah you heard me. And I got the deal of a lifetime on a cip boxgun. I took apart 4 different guns and I used the smoothest parts from each to create the one that I now own:) Super smooth trigger and all it needs is a pierce pin seal. I also met stitch and suma there and we took a giant group shot of all the guns. Pics will be up shortly once stitch gets home.

Insane day.....