mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Carter Machine (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/carter-machine/)
-   -   Carter Machine and Sanchez Machine (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/carter-machine/207805-carter-machine-sanchez-machine.html)

Marathon 07-10-2012 11:19 AM

Carter Machine and Sanchez Machine

What is the relationship between the two? I mean there is a lot of similiarity in their work. If you look at an SM-1 the milling takes inspiration from some Carter guns. I have a Carter gun that uses SM-1 inserts that Sanchez sells

So what is the relationship. Master and apprentice? Former business partners? Did Carter subcontract some work out to Sanchez? I am thinking about getting an SM-1 because I like the milling and in compliments a Mini Buzzard I have. I am concerned that Sanchez is copying Carters work without permission. Any thoughts on that?

worrptangl 07-10-2012 12:04 PM

They had a deal while Earon was using his inserts. Other than that nothing to my knowledge. Earon started making his current style inserts and stopped using Sanchez's.

EDDAKA 07-10-2012 02:09 PM

Rumormill time!

I heard that once upon a time Sanchez did some work with earon. They were designing a new barrel, and Sanchez "ran" off and made the sm-1 barrel without earons consent.

Donut SD 07-10-2012 03:16 PM

I don't wanna say that it's true eddaka but that may lead to why sanchez has built barrels for a few companies. Not gonna feed the rumor, but it could hold some fact...

Stitch 07-11-2012 04:23 PM

Sanchez Machine has certainly made items for Carter Machine - at the first Pendleton TPG day I was chatting with Earon and that came up - yes for a time Luis did manufacture not just barrels but even a few other parts for Earon.

Luis has also made barrels for many other companies that then branded and sold them. The information about this is on his site at Home - Sanchez Machine Shop

as to a ran off bit - no idea there

Luis has been specializing in barrels and barrel kits for a long long time - when our team was most active in the OSC series one of our guys (Beasly) rocked SM-1 Orbium kits when they were brand spanking new. Recently - I got one from BigBtheBenji and have been rocking that kit on my bruiser sniper with a smile on my face for awhile now.

As to current projects - no shared projects at the moment that I am aware of but I dont know of any issues either /shrug

/salute

splattttttt 07-13-2012 12:18 AM

When asked, Luis refrains from discussing details regarding their past business relations.
I believe both parties would rather save face and not let the whole world know of their past on goings. Kinda like taking the 5th.
So who's to know?

Donut SD 07-13-2012 12:22 AM

It might be better that way. Legends stay legends and the myth continues...

pk5 07-24-2012 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon (Post 2406430)
What is the relationship between the two? I mean there is a lot of similiarity in their work. If you look at an SM-1 the milling takes inspiration from some Carter guns. I have a Carter gun that uses SM-1 inserts that Sanchez sells

So what is the relationship. Master and apprentice? Former business partners? Did Carter subcontract some work out to Sanchez? I am thinking about getting an SM-1 because I like the milling and in compliments a Mini Buzzard I have. I am concerned that Sanchez is copying Carters work without permission. Any thoughts on that?

"inspiration" is a nice way to put it.