mcarterbrown.com  

Carter Machine Carter Buzzards, Comps, Mini Comps, Ducks and more!

Old 06-28-2014, 01:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Anyone in the NC area with a carter?

I hope its okay to post here and it doesn't belong in the regional section...

I want to get a new pump, I've been playing exclusively stock class lately but I'm kind of stuck between a carter and a CCM. I have a friend with a T2 that I'm going to try out later this summer, but have never seen a Carter anywhere. Would anyone mind meeting up (at a field, even) somewhere in/near Eastern NC so I can hold and see the buzzard? Its a lot of money to put down without trying one out :\
daemon512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
*-strictly pump only-*

Buying an used one, you probably can sell it for same price that you brought it for really. Unless you do something REALLY stupid to the buzzard
EPICBYTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
If you are playing exclusively stock class there are a few buzzards in the BST right now. If you want a sniper platform there is a Carter SC sniper also. I say look at a used buzzard if you like it then contact pk5 to see what Earon has in stock or commission a build then sell the used on for basically what you paid for it.
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
worrptangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I figured I'd get a new one, but I guess if a used one is going to sell for what I pay for it, it'll work out. The sniper in the BST is the first of Earon's I've ever really seen pictures of, it looks great. How are his snipers compared to CCM's? Mostly wondering about pump stroke and weight. I love how it looks.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Well if you looking at a SC sniper then I would go for a Carter, but the sniper platform is not great on 12 grams without using a reg. arguably the pre 2k bodies are better due to the smaller internal spaces. As for a Carter OC sniper vs CCM it's all personal preference I love my CCM but would not hesitate to get a Carter either. eaton can tune a sniper to do almost whatever you want. Plus you get options like rf r vf, full or half block and you can choose your milling. Just remember he uses stock bodies and cuts them or you can supply your own.

If you like the phantom style guns then go for a mini comp or buzzard. The new mini comps are ridiculously smooth and shoot awesome like all Carters.

I have owned a few buzzards a mini comp and 2 boxguns. I love Carters. Once you figure out what you want Earon can make, for a price of course, but it is worth it in the end if you know it's what you want!

I have no hate towards phantoms I personally love them and have owned 5 or 6 of them. They are amazing guns with amazing support from the factory and in the wild.
TF

Old 06-28-2014, 05:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

What exactly are the differences between the buzzard and mini buzzard? I see far more regular ones, and see that the minis don't have the collar. Is that considered a good thing or a bad one? I know the collars require a bit more "concentration" when reassembling them, but do they provide some advantage somewhere else?

I like the comps, but I'm noticing that, as I play with a shoulder stock, I'm not a fan of having the 12g changer in my face, and prefer the vsc style. Is the comp's pump stroke better than the buzzard?
Old 06-28-2014, 06:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

mini's have an aluminum snub vs the standard buzzard's stainless steel snub.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Well a mini buzzard doesn't have the collar that buzzard uses to attach the feed tube too. The mini buzzard and mini comp are similar body style but the buzzards use side cocking arms and the comps are an undercocking design. The minis just remove any issues that could arise from the collar. I had a full size buzzard and never had any issues with it.

The collar doesn't really add or take away anything. Just the design IMO. As for smoothness mini comps are butter from the start and buzzards are butter from the start. Some claim one is better but I have shot all generations and some of the older buzzards are like CCMs. But sthe new ones are just as smooth. So really it all personal.

Setup is strictly a personal thing. I love the back bottle setup it's super efficient but a lot don't like it for the reason you stated. I also like VSC setups but really it's all down to what you like. If you like a VSC setup get a buzzard for sure.
TF

Old 06-28-2014, 06:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
mini's have an aluminum snub vs the standard buzzard's stainless steel snub.
Not totally true the first mini buzzards had SS snub. The mini comps all have aluminum snubs
TF

Old 06-28-2014, 06:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worrptangl View Post
Not totally true the first mini buzzards had SS snub. The mini comps all have aluminum snubs
Lately, it seems to be the design trend anyway
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Carter Machine