mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Carter Machine (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/carter-machine/)
-   -   Best way to deal with rollouts in a tricar (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/carter-machine/56970-best-way-deal-rollouts-tricar.html)

shoot to thrill 11-14-2008 03:53 PM

Best way to deal with rollouts in a tricar

Now I know the nail polish trick, electrical tape, etc etc. Course I tried both on my fixed barrel box gun and couldnt get it work. I have a tricar on the way and am trying to figure out how to prevent roll outs in this nice old fixed barrel shooter. I had been thinking small bristled long handle modeling paintbrush through the breach, anyone else got any ideas?

russc 11-14-2008 04:08 PM

Nail polish is honestly your best bet. You just have to do it in the right spot.

Eress Pnter 11-14-2008 04:09 PM

yeah like powdercoat the entire inside of the barrel. Good luck, I gave up a couple years ago on .69x huge bore unibodies.. :( RIP LAPCOS............... :(

stickyskunk 11-14-2008 04:23 PM

I swear by the nail polish trick, though I substitute 5 minute epoxy in place of the nail polish. It lasts longer and I find easier to apply. I used a q-tip to apply it in my brother's CIP Superstock and it works perfectly using a .684 paint. Takes some practice but you can get it to work.

Good score on the Tricar, Sam is a good guy.

souz4402 11-14-2008 05:58 PM

buy the biggest paint you can find and let it 'cure' for a month before you use it by puncturing each bag and shaking it daily in a humid place...i like to used slightly aged/humidified paint in my old carter

splattttttt 11-24-2008 06:59 PM

PPS Wedgit
They will of course want you to send the gun. Gonna cost some, but no more roll outs.
You will of course be dealing with some mighty efficiency problems.
Cutting the barrel end, and having it modded for an insert is also a possibility. Sergei does this to PGPs

shoot to thrill 11-24-2008 09:18 PM

Jack- B had said he didnt think pps could do wedgits in unibody nelsons because of the thickness of the barrel/body. I do plan on calling them to inquire about it regardless/\.

splattttttt 11-24-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoot to thrill (Post 600548)
Jack- B had said he didnt think pps could do wedgits in unibody nelsons because of the thickness of the barrel/body. I do plan on calling them to inquire about it regardless/\.

PPS can do anything.:)

Heebs 11-24-2008 09:21 PM

I can tell you they cant.

I already talked to Craig about this with the yellow Boxgun. He said the body might get deformed when they put it into their wedgit tool. He didnt want to take such an expensive risk.

ilerman 11-24-2008 09:24 PM

Anything can be accomplished with the right amount of force, ducktape, the proper amount of explosives and sheer willpower. Perhaps not all at once or in a particular order but it CAN be done.

I watched Rocky the other night, and as Mickey would say: "There is no can't!"