mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Carter Machine (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/carter-machine/)
-   -   AT Issues with Buzzards (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/carter-machine/58119-issues-buzzards.html)

splattttttt 11-25-2008 08:40 PM

AT Issues with Buzzards

We'll limit to the pre Dye/ Dye/ post Dye. The new ones supposedly don't have this issue.
Maybe someone here can enlighten us on the latter, but as far as the older ones are concerned? I've heard many stories about this, and that :beathorse:

The purpose of this thread is for those who need help solving this issue. Be constructive. Don't post unless you need help or have a solution to this problem.

I fixed mine using an oring on the bolt that was slightly fatter than the one that was there. I use lithium grease to keep it lubed. Hey, it worked for me... Everything else didn't.

souz4402 11-25-2008 08:45 PM

What is the issue? Ive never had a mystery problem with my pre-dye carter buzzard...dont really AT the thing. Only time I had it not work was when the power tube broke. Replacing the front bolt oring with a new one requires me to carefully sand down the new oring so it fits properly into the barrel.

Emert426 11-26-2008 04:31 PM

My experience with Buzzards having AT issues has led me to believe that the majority of the time it is a user error from re-assembling the marker incorrectly.

Why did you have to sand down the oring? I remember having to replace mine on my last buzzard and had no issues with it fitting.

souz4402 11-26-2008 04:33 PM

the original oring on the marker was sanded down to fit...the slot for the oring is rather large so it takes a large oring to fill the slot...but then it is slowly sanded down to exactly fit the barrel...also its N90 duro

this may have been changed on the dye or post-dye buzzards

B 11-26-2008 04:51 PM

Just like double feeds it is operator error, failure to properly assemble the gun correctly.

Emert426 11-26-2008 06:58 PM

It would be helpful if someone would do a step by step PROPER disassembly and reassembly walkthrough for the Buzzards here.

Pictures would help. I don't have a buzzard currently or I would.

splattttttt 11-26-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emert426 (Post 602766)
It would be helpful if someone would do a step by step PROPER disassembly and reassembly walkthrough for the Buzzards here.

Pictures would help. I don't have a buzzard currently or I would.

Yea B, rather than belittle this community, hekp us grow :)

DCB 01-30-2009 10:49 PM

Here is a great thread that has just about everything you need to know about them.
Carter Buzzard Q&A please sticky this - PbNation

Buy the way the new ones, post Dye (1 1/2 trigger) still have the AT issues.

Peace

ctza 01-31-2009 10:32 PM

I had issues with my AT lastnight.

I was cleaning the marker so i could use it today.

Eventually everything worked out perfectly.
And today my buddy used the marker and he said that he had no problems with the AT going haywire.
I don't know what i did to cause the AT to act up lastnight though...

I never use the AT on the Buzzard,so it's a big mystery why it would act up like that.

shoot to thrill 01-31-2009 11:28 PM

snub and valve body are probally not put together tightly enough