mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Carter Machine (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/carter-machine/)
-   -   Box Gun... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/carter-machine/59902-box-gun.html)

Lt. head-shot 12-12-2008 01:47 AM

Box Gun...

So tell me more. Im very intrigued by the box gun. I've just started looking into them, and id like to know some history and whatnot. Pics are great, but show me history.

I also want to know your guys' feedback on em. Ups and downs, problems, etc. I'm looking to order one with the in-handle changer, so id like to know some about that as well. as much as id love a slam changer, i cant justify the price, nor do i think he will do one for such a lowly forum surfer... :(

Overall i want to know what you guys think about them. so let me hear it. Good, Bad and ugly. (hopefully mostly good).

Thanks, Lt. head-shot

shoot to thrill 12-12-2008 02:23 AM

I've had an inhandle changer box gun, and it wasnt bad, but at times if the 12ie didnt have a little co2 left in it it would get stuck in the handle, personally I will probally go with bba with my neck one. Earon will also not do slam changers on box guns, he just won't. I'll add more to this when I'm not so drunk, or tired.

RTR 12-12-2008 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoot to thrill (Post 621769)
I've had an inhandle changer box gun, and it wasnt bad, but at times if the 12ie didnt have a little co2 left in it it would get stuck in the handle, personally I will probally go with bba with my neck one. Earon will also not do slam changers on box guns, he just won't. I'll add more to this when I'm not so drunk, or tired.

I will pick this up for you man:)

Slam changer also can break a toe or worse if the 12vy spits out when you least want it to. Some fields do not like the Slam.

BBA or through the grip is the way to go.

It's small so long balling someone is hard to do unless you really know your gun.

It's small so up close ballin is really nice if you have to.

She says "Ka-Chink" very nicely if you pump it and let the pump arm fly home via the return spring only and has been known to scare people when doing it.

It just looks darn cool.

If you have an original its big bore. You can have that fixed or buy new.

It's heavy for it's size but that is a good thing as its all center weight.

Lots of alum to cut/anno if that is your thing.

Shoot to thrill will pick up any slack when he sobers up:ROTFL:

shoot to thrill 12-12-2008 02:41 AM

^Its been a rough two days of no classes rodney, and since It's on my mind, I will have to try and play with you this summer, we arent all that far away IIRC

Lt. head-shot 12-12-2008 02:46 AM

Ok so slam changers are definately out of the question.

I play pump speedball alot, and my phantom is just too big. I like to run and dive alot, so a small compact marker is good. I mainly play recball though, ive only been to 1 tourny before.

I was planning on buying new, getting a sick custom anno (if i can afford it).

shoot to thrill 12-12-2008 02:48 AM

I would defiantly go new, Earon is making them with a barrel kit now, and defiantly go overboard with it, I plan on having him build me a gun to keep for life this summer. Personally I would go with BBA, just as fast as inhandle and better gas mileage.

Lt. head-shot 12-12-2008 02:51 AM

How much better? can you give me an estimate on both?

the biggest thing is that i dont want to go buy one and then not like it. id love to have someone ship me one and let me play with it... but i seriously doubt thats gonna happen. If anyone is interested though i could ship you 3 guns as collateral... pm me if you are interested.

RTR 12-12-2008 02:54 AM

BBA is usually the way to go.

Derrick Obatake played with his Box for years and was insane with it. There was no shot that he could not pull off. Of course he is insane with any gun. You can see that Box gun of his on the RTR Legends page.

Shoot to thrill. Same state so we may just get together. A few friends and I are looking into the Boston area later in 2009. Options are being looked at.

RTR 12-12-2008 02:56 AM

Edit...Sending PM.

Lt. head-shot 12-12-2008 02:58 AM

These guns would be the Phantom and rt mag i have listed, as well as the timmy i just got. Just FYI...

You guys would be my heroes if you allowed me too...