mcarterbrown.com  

Carter Machine Carter Buzzards, Comps, Mini Comps, Ducks and more!

Old 01-21-2009, 06:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
I would wait on getting a Box Gun. I am starting to get most unimpressed with mine. The return spring is not nearly strong enough to function, and now every single trigger pull causes the internals to get pulled backwards. This means I cannot fire the gun unless I hold onto the pump handle which, in my opinion, is unacceptable. Shims don't work either, as by the time you add enough to make a difference, they prevent the pump arm from being able to pump back far enough.

I have an email in to Lauren about this, I will post up once they get back to me. Funny how a 10/10 gun is now a --/10.
Wow that sucks, sorry to hear that.
TIJUANAIRONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Sell it to me IDKFA, I'll take it off your hands and suffer the problems
Old 01-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
Let's Go Mountaineers!

Send a message via MSN to SHOOT3R USA

Quote:
I would wait on getting a Box Gun. I am starting to get most unimpressed with mine. The return spring is not nearly strong enough to function, and now every single trigger pull causes the internals to get pulled backwards. This means I cannot fire the gun unless I hold onto the pump handle which, in my opinion, is unacceptable. Shims don't work either, as by the time you add enough to make a difference, they prevent the pump arm from being able to pump back far enough.

I have an email in to Lauren about this, I will post up once they get back to me. Funny how a 10/10 gun is now a --/10.
Let us know what you here. The return spring doesn't bother me but the pump handle does.

MCB Feedback

Harb: SHOOT3R is genetically predisposed to be an idiot
Harb: he saves most of the idiocy for in here
SHOOT3R: so i was butt naked in this corn field right?
SHOOT3R USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
Sailor by choice

Send a message via AIM to shoot to thrill

Palmers Fan
Do you have a set screw to adjust the trigger break? if so play around with it, that was the problem I had at first with my mini comp, but i messed with it and its all good now.

MCB Feedback

New England Waterman, a nautical life

New England Waterman Photography
shoot to thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:31 AM   #25 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
I took a look, and it looks like my trigger screw is a bit shoddy compared to yours. I think I was a bit harsh, the gun really shoots nicely, but I think I am going to send it back to have the annoyances fixed.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
-Fletch-

Quote:
I took a look, and it looks like my trigger screw is a bit shoddy compared to yours. I think I was a bit harsh, the gun really shoots nicely, but I think I am going to send it back to have the annoyances fixed.
Have you been in contact with Myron recently? He mentioned a Canadian with a boxgun having issues... I think Matt was his name?
Old 01-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #27 (permalink)
Sailor by choice

Send a message via AIM to shoot to thrill

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emert426 View Post
Have you been in contact with Myron recently? He mentioned a Canadian with a boxgun having issues... I think Matt was his name?
thats him

MCB Feedback

New England Waterman, a nautical life

New England Waterman Photography
shoot to thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
-Fletch-

Awesome I was just curious, did that work out for you stretching the spring? I noticed you said you were still probably going to send it back...
Old 01-22-2009, 09:18 PM   #29 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
That was me! We were talking about your very nice Sniper for a bit too.

I just talked to Myron for about half and hour, great guy. He explained a few secret Hawaiian tricks to make the Box Gun sing... I will check them out this weekend. Since this is my first new build Carter I was unaware that some degree of tinkering is needed; you need to flatten out the trigger sled on the slider to get the break how you want it (and also stop the backwards pulling). He is going to get Earon to send me up another return spring and some bolt o-rings as well.

I have to say, while I was cranky that it was not "perfect" out of the box, the customer support from Lauren and Myron have been great. I will dump some Hawaiian mojo into it this weekend and post up again.

EDIT: Not going to send it back just yet. The spring was stretched too much... hence why he is going to send another.

As a side note, this is a relatively simple issue and I did not mean to bash Carter... he makes very nice guns that shoot darts. I just needed to work on the $1 worth of parts keeping things smooth.

Last edited by idkfa; 01-22-2009 at 09:22 PM.
idkfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
-Fletch-

Yep Myron has been invaluable to me as well.. My S6 is unbelievable mostly due to his help... Glad he was able to help, he is a truly amazing person, a great friend indeed.

Glad he mentioned my sniper favorably

It got back to Earon from anno earlier today... I'm chomping at the bit!!! Did he also happen to mention I'm about to have another done haha?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Carter Machine