mcarterbrown.com  

Carter Machine Carter Buzzards, Comps, Mini Comps, Ducks and more!

Old 01-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let's Go Mountaineers!

Send a message via MSN to SHOOT3R USA

Almost ready for a Carter

So I'm only a little ways off from my next gun purchase. I've decided I WANT a gun from Carter Machine. It will still be a month or two before I make the purchase but I want to be ready when I do. I have a few questions though:

I heard of a place called Blowfish that stocks Carter markers? Do they happen to have Box guns there maybe?

I know that technically a Carter will shot no better than a Phantom but the stainless steel and rarity of a Carter gun is something I REALLLLY want. So are there any cons to a Box gun?

Finally, usual build time?

I've semi decided on a Box gun. I still may change my mind though after this thread. That's all the questions I have for now.

MCB Feedback

Harb: SHOOT3R is genetically predisposed to be an idiot
Harb: he saves most of the idiocy for in here
SHOOT3R: so i was butt naked in this corn field right?
SHOOT3R USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

I wouldn't call Carters rare. There are quite a few floating around.

Anyway the Box Gun depending on what you get will take them about 4 months to finish.

The bores are HUGE on the Box Gun but you can buy the optional barrel kit they have.

Blowfish was a pump team from way back that have been out of the game for a few years, I'm not sure if they are back to playing but they don't have their store anymore (I think).

Your best bet to getting a Box Gun is buying on here or from Carter Machine directly.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let's Go Mountaineers!

Send a message via MSN to SHOOT3R USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs View Post
I wouldn't call Carters rare. There are quite a few floating around.

Anyway the Box Gun depending on what you get will take them about 4 months to finish.

The bores are HUGE on the Box Gun but you can buy the optional barrel kit they have.

Blowfish was a pump team from way back that have been out of the game for a few years, I'm not sure if they are back to playing but they don't have their store anymore (I think).

Your best bet to getting a Box Gun is buying on here or from Carter Machine directly.
There are less floating around than Phantoms. Pump is rare around here so to me they're rare.

4 months isn't so bad.

I planned on getting the barrel kit and BBA.

I knew they were an old pump team but reading sticky's on other sites it said to contact them first in case they had one...

I plan to get a new one directly from them.

THANKS!!!

MCB Feedback

Harb: SHOOT3R is genetically predisposed to be an idiot
Harb: he saves most of the idiocy for in here
SHOOT3R: so i was butt naked in this corn field right?
SHOOT3R USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Traded guns for cameras

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Sounds like you've got all the info you need. Barrel kit is standard on the Boxgun now, included in the base price. Put a lot of thought into the colour you want. After paying the new price you should never sell it.

Think about the Mini-comp too, it's a more practical marker in my eyes.

Have you used a pistol as a primary before? It does take some getting used to and it's not for everyone. That being said, I would never want to choose between my Redux and my Minicomp, and if I were to buy another high end Neslon it would definitely be a Carter Boxgun.
Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

I really want a box gun like IDKFA but its a huge cost, 1000 bucks. I could buy a new fandangled space gun for that.

If he buys a Box Gun with the back bottle air its about the same practicality as the mini comp, in handle is not my thing.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
You are most certainly correct. The big man himself even touts the BBA as the only really practical system for playing. I was getting 40-45 good shots indoors, at 250 fps, but it was very cold inside and I was shooting quite fast. I am expecting to see the same 4 tubes and change outdoors. I also took the gun horribly out of tune in order to get it to shoot under 250 fps. I am going to play with springs to get the best efficiency at that velocity (I am playing indoors for the next 3 months at least).

EDIT: It also sips air. I was eliminated a few times because I was in a gun battle and I took a few full velocity shots followed by... the hammer tripping and there being NO air left whatsoever.

Last edited by idkfa; 01-21-2009 at 08:37 AM.
idkfa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Sailor by choice

Send a message via AIM to shoot to thrill

Palmers Fan
^I had earon tune my gun for 230 or so out of the shop for playing at school, so he put a really light spring in and included a slightly harder spring for higher velocitys. And yea, sippin air is right with his new bba guns.

MCB Feedback

New England Waterman, a nautical life

New England Waterman Photography
shoot to thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Did he do anything to the valve spring? I am interested in getting everything I can from this gun.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Sailor by choice

Send a message via AIM to shoot to thrill

Palmers Fan
So far as I know it was just the main spring, but with the the "low velocity" main spring I can't get it above 250, and with the "high velocity" one I can't get it below 265 or so, pretty specific ranges lol

MCB Feedback

New England Waterman, a nautical life

New England Waterman Photography
shoot to thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Grrr... Box gun or Cyborg RX or BIG Tv... Grrr...

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Carter Machine