mcarterbrown.com  

Carter Machine Carter Buzzards, Comps, Mini Comps, Ducks and more!

Old 01-27-2009, 02:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I'm very happy with my Phantom, but I'm definately hot on this 1911 style. Are the Ducks different in terms of performance compared to a Phantom? I have never had the chance to shoot a Carter pump. How close would you get with a duckslide?

Man, I could by a Wilson Combat for 2500,-!
The good thing about that price is that I'll have the time to make my choice
Schlomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
I am very disappointed in my MCB bretheren , you guys forgot all about the "Ghetto Duck!" Sheeesh and you call yourselves oldschool.
Ahh, one more? What's the "Ghetto Duck" then bro?
Schlomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
They shoot the same. Carters are louder, generally have smoother pump strokes, and are heavier (so some people find them easier to aim), but once the ball leaves the barrel, it is all projectile motion.

Duckslides are quite nice, if a bit wiggly (this can be fixed). It gives you a very solid feeling and smooth pump stroke, rivaling a Sniper. Besides that, it really just is a $150-200 pump handle. However, the Redux and Carter Duck are just $1000-2500 Nelspots, so whatever.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

The "Ghetto Duck" is a craptacular plastic Brass Eagle pistol that will cost you $30 and will almost be guaranteed to break.

As an owner of a Redux, I'd like to clarify something. You can't really compare them to Phantom. Their efficiency is sub-par compared to a Phantom's, and they are a lot heavier, due to a thick aluminum slide and a stainless steel body. mOngo also did some machining to the powertube, so I don't think a stock, unmodified CCI powertube will work. However, the Redux has a smoother pump stroke. And as for efficiency, mOngo put it best. He doesn't sling paint with it, so he doesn't worry about it. He's out there to one-ball people, so he doesn't need 40 shots off a 12ie. I myself am still trying to break the open-class habit of laying on the trigger. For 'Dux efficiency, expect to get about 20 bone stock, brand new. As it breaks in, you can get the higher end of 20, like 26ish plus. With proper springing, and maybe some mods, you can probably get 30. I know somehow or another, DSA's Redux is getting around 35 usable shots, but the majority of Duck owners (that I've seen) report mid 20's. I'd love to get 3 tubes of a 12ie, but 2 is just fine. For me.

Overall, I'd have to say the Redux is probably the best $1,110 I've spent in paintball!

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeTrevni View Post
Overall, I'd have to say the Redux is probably the best $1,110 I've spent in paintball!
It is not too often you can say that. I need to look at a Redux... maybe next year.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Well, mine's a polished gloss black one, so it's a bit more expensive than the slate model. Still don't regret it!

I also just learned that mine's the only black one out there right now. Sweet! However, mOngo's got another one coming up soon.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
Sailor by choice

Send a message via AIM to shoot to thrill

Palmers Fan
With decent paint to bore match any backbottle carter gun is going to be looking at at least 30 shots of a twelvie, you can get much more depending temp and velocity.

MCB Feedback

New England Waterman, a nautical life

New England Waterman Photography
shoot to thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
My Box Gun was getting 40+ playing at 250 fps. However, it was rather cold and I was shooting fast. I think I will get the same 40+ at 275 fps.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

To be honest, I have no idea why 'Duxes' efficiency is so low. I'll have to get a Madman spring kit (I've got the CCI kit, I think), and it has a bored out Lapco #4 powertube. By definition, it should be pretty decent. I'll have to look into it. I don't get to play as much as I want to, so maybe it's still breaking in...

Old 01-27-2009, 02:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
It is because of the 12 gram location. According to Earon, the in-handle is inefficient on his guns because the path is actually longer. The BBA option is a more or less straight shot into the valve. The slam changer is supposed to have the worst efficiency out of them all.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Carter Machine