mcarterbrown.com  

Carter Machine Carter Buzzards, Comps, Mini Comps, Ducks and more!

Old 01-27-2009, 02:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Here's mOngo's thoughts on it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mOngo
I also have experienced a thread problem in the past few years I have had my 'Duxes- if it gets loose- it doesn't take long before the soft brass wearing against the hard stainless- finally eats the cup seal housing up- next time contact me- and I'll fix it for you..... I have a year guarantee on my gun..... and I am ready, willing, and able to help you solve any problem you may have. as far as the efficiency goes the one thing that is super important is the paint, then the barrel insert! I get 20-23 shots all over 270 from my beater 'Dux and this works for me- I'm not shooting across the field trying to one or 2 ball a guy in the open. I crawl or walk up and shoot from 15 to 30 feet, and 250 is FINE at that distance. My PurplePeoplePainter shoots 17-18 balls at 270-280 (field limit) using a red main and the yellow valve tube spring. The rest are at 240-250. This also works for me. With an outer barrel change (1 inch extd) -total length of 7 inches - I get 5-7 more shots at 280. The short barrel usually does not get great efficiency but looks cool.. The Redux uses #4 Lapco tubes that are bored to the same size as a #6- they are also cut down in length to clear the TPC. If you desire to experiment with other tubes, make sure you cut it to length first. At your service- Mongo

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlomo View Post
I'm very happy with my Phantom, but I'm definately hot on this 1911 style. Are the Ducks different in terms of performance compared to a Phantom? I have never had the chance to shoot a Carter pump. How close would you get with a duckslide?

Man, I could by a Wilson Combat for 2500,-!
The good thing about that price is that I'll have the time to make my choice
Duckslides don't have the same feel as a duck. You also can't set them up exactly the same as a Carter Duck since most have the 12g in the grip.

To me a phantom has always felt like I'm hardly holding anything. I know I won't break it, but I always get that thought in the back of my mind. Obvioulsy I prefer heavier guns. I do have a Duckslide phantom, which is nice and feels more "real" (as in I'm playing with a paintball gun, not holding a lifesized styrofoam model).

I admit the Duckslide and Carter Duck have a different feel to the pump as well. The 'Slide rides on little guide rails as well as the barrel, and the Duck is just on the barrel with a spring return. I also much, MUCH prefer the trigger of the Carter Duck to that of the Duckslide, since it is a slide trigger.

Don't get me wrong, the Duckslide is a nice Phantom additon. Makes me actually USE a phantom on occation. For people who prefer to shoot with a stock, this would be the way to go too, since you can still use a Phantom stock with a Duckslide but obviously not a Duck or Redux.

Unfortunatly, at this time I can not compare a Redux to the above two, as I am yet to aquire one.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:33 PM   #23 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Well, thanks a bunch for so much input, gentlemen!

I have to realize that I'm already hooked to the idea of getting one of these beauties

I'm aware, that a Duckslide can't be the same as a Duck or Redux. It's only an idea to easy the fever until I can get one

I wonder if you can get Duckslides with an offset feedtube.

I would probably go for an Inhand version Duck/Redux. I don't care much for efficiency and I think it looks better than thee BBA. The slamchanger just don't look as a reliable mechanism to me. But that's only theory.
By the way, I've heard that gas looses 25% of it's energy with a 90 turn.

Has anybody chronoed his Duck/Redux to 300? Is it even possible with this short barrel?
Schlomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

My Redux is wickedly efficient sure the velocity bounces around but then again I get a ton of shots. You will come to find out its not how many shots you get off a 12 gram its how many effective eliminations you get per game. Who cares if you get 40 if you walk off the field with zero eliminations. Give me 10 shots a 12 gram and 2-10 elims a game and DSA is pleased.

I have come to know my Redux by sound I rarely count shots anymore. I just listen for that different pop or swap at practical times. Just like my Army training even if Im down 5 rounds and there is a lull in the action I put in a full mag, same with my 12 grams. I am not going to cry over under spending a .50 cent 12gm when i am holding a $1000 peice of 1911 goodness.

It could be that extra inch of barrel gives me an advantage who knows. I think next time I am at the field I will film the chrono and post it on YouTube. Good luck with what ever you choose.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #25 (permalink)

Saw you guys were talking about the ghetto duck, well I have one for sale on a PBN thread if you are interested, or you can just check out the pic.

PTP Micromag w/ J&J Qloader, Eagle 68 semi auto pistol FS - PbNation
Bojangles1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Sailor by choice

Send a message via AIM to shoot to thrill

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojangles1983 View Post
Saw you guys were talking about the ghetto duck, well I have one for sale on a PBN thread if you are interested, or you can just check out the pic.

PTP Micromag w/ J&J Qloader, Eagle 68 semi auto pistol FS - PbNation
do you do stand up comedy as well? I need someone for my birthday party

MCB Feedback

New England Waterman, a nautical life

New England Waterman Photography
shoot to thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #27 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Yes, load while you can, not when you have to

I love that video of yours, DSA
Schlomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

That was one thing I didn't like about the Redux, less than 2 tubes a 12ie...
Old 01-27-2009, 04:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Now you shouldn't get less than 2 tubes for a 12ie...

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot to thrill View Post
do you do stand up comedy as well? I need someone for my birthday party

Whats wrong with the Ghetto ducks! It's just like comparing a Chevette to a Chevelle, same thing right?
Bojangles1983 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Carter Machine