mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Carter Machine (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/carter-machine/)
-   -   Hi, I was wondering... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/carter-machine/67657-hi-i-wondering.html)

GuyFromHawaii 02-19-2009 01:35 AM

Hi, I was wondering...
 
Where I could get my hands on various Carter internals, as well as some of the exterior pieces.

I have an old gunmetal grey pre-Dye Carter Comp VSC which is, ironically the only paintball gun I decided to keep since I quit.

Here are the parts I need:

-New Bolt complete with velocity adjusting part and internal/external o-ring's
(Do they have a SS internal part? Or is it still brass?)
-Puncture pin seal
-Exterior barrel spring to keep slide in place
-Maybe a valve cup seal, or a whole complete valve.
-IIRC Im using auto cocker (yellow/yellow) springs, so maybe some legit Cater springs, or a spring set since I have no idea if the velocity is hot or too low.

I am also interested in a slide trigger (doenst matter what color) if one is available.

Frontier_Bill 02-19-2009 01:59 AM

Hey man, welcome to the forum.

Carter Machine doesn't check this place. Unless you want to get parts used from members here, check out Welcome to Cartermachine.com and send Lauren an email or get on the phone.

Good luck!

GuyFromHawaii 02-19-2009 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier_Bill (Post 708578)
Hey man, welcome to the forum.

Carter Machine doesn't check this place. Unless you want to get parts used from members here, check out Welcome to Cartermachine.com and send Lauren an email or get on the phone.

Good luck!

Thanks for your help!

I would only take certain parts in "used" condition provided that no modifications have been done to them, even something like polishing. I do my own work, so id rather have someone send me a used, unmodified, slide trigger or something, vs one that has set screws drilled into it everywhere or polishing done especially if its to the exterior.

Here are the parts that id take "used":

-Slide trigger. Any color is ok. No modified springs, polishing, milling, set screws, or other "trigger work". Of course, if you think your "work" is minimal, I wouldnt mind taking a look at it. Do not expect me to buy it unless its completely stock.
-Exterior barrel spring.
-Bolt. It must not be stripped, polished, or modified. It must have all internals which includes the "set o-ring".
-Used set of springs valve/main. Springs must be not compressed, cut, or stretched. They must also come as a set of 3 or more, 6+ springs in total.

EDDAKA 02-19-2009 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyFromHawaii (Post 708592)
Here are the parts that id take "used":

-Slide trigger. Any color is ok. No modified springs, polishing, milling, set screws, or other "trigger work". Of course, if you think your "work" is minimal, I wouldnt mind taking a look at it. Do not expect me to buy it unless its completely stock.
-Exterior barrel spring.
-Bolt. It must not be stripped, polished, or modified. It must have all internals which includes the "set o-ring".
-Used set of springs valve/main. Springs must be not compressed, cut, or stretched. They must also come as a set of 3 or more, 6+ springs in total.


Hi,

Most of those parts will be hard to find.Carter guns are kinda of "rare" enough already. Most people don't order tons of extra parts when they order their gun either. I suggest emailing carter directly and get ready for the wait:D

r1dv 02-19-2009 04:00 AM

guyfromhawaii what island you from?

GuyFromHawaii 02-19-2009 04:07 AM

Oahu.

You?

Shiba-Kun 02-19-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyFromHawaii (Post 708610)
Oahu.

You?

Welcome to MCB.:thumbup:

I'm a "katonk" but my parents are from Hilo (BI), and Waimea (Kauai) and I was made an honorary member of Team Ronin back in the days (w/ the patches, secret handshake and everything lols!).

Glad to see another person from the 808 on the board.:thumbup:

r1dv 02-19-2009 01:22 PM

I from Maui.I remember playing against team ronin when Carter first made a tournament here on Maui.

souz4402 02-19-2009 01:53 PM

I grew up on Oahu...Kailua to be exact...

I also have a pre-dye carter buzzard...I got it new around '96

carter sells the entire bolt/hammer assembly that includes just the bolt, hammer, and hammer spring. He also has 'powertube' assemblies...these include a new cup seal (at least they did the last time I purchased one in '01, not from carter but rather from central paintball). He should also be able to supply a new pump spring.

as for the set oring you mention on the bolt...this is actually a -112N90 oring that has been turned to fit properly. I was able to replace mine by chucking the bolt with a fresh oring and holding, with light pressure, a small peice of sandpaper to the oring as it turned.

Hope this helps...I recently tried to contact carter machine to buy a new bolt/hammer set and they flat out ignored my request. You may want to act like you are trying to purchase one of his expensive pistols in order to coerce them into calling you.

GuyFromHawaii 02-19-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiba-Kun (Post 708872)
Welcome to MCB.:thumbup:

I'm a "katonk" but my parents are from Hilo (BI), and Waimea (Kauai) and I was made an honorary member of Team Ronin back in the days (w/ the patches, secret handshake and everything lols!).

Glad to see another person from the 808 on the board.:thumbup:

Wow... Ronin...

I remember seeing them when I first started playing PB at Kuuloa Ranch.

I think ones name was "Dave" but I have no idea why im associating that name with Ronin lol... I think there was a guy named "Hoser" who was on Ronin too!

In any case, thanks for the welcome!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC