mcarterbrown.com  

Carter Machine Carter Buzzards, Comps, Mini Comps, Ducks and more!

Old 02-19-2009, 02:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi, I was wondering...

Where I could get my hands on various Carter internals, as well as some of the exterior pieces.

I have an old gunmetal grey pre-Dye Carter Comp VSC which is, ironically the only paintball gun I decided to keep since I quit.

Here are the parts I need:

-New Bolt complete with velocity adjusting part and internal/external o-ring's
(Do they have a SS internal part? Or is it still brass?)
-Puncture pin seal
-Exterior barrel spring to keep slide in place
-Maybe a valve cup seal, or a whole complete valve.
-IIRC Im using auto cocker (yellow/yellow) springs, so maybe some legit Cater springs, or a spring set since I have no idea if the velocity is hot or too low.

I am also interested in a slide trigger (doenst matter what color) if one is available.
GuyFromHawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

Hey man, welcome to the forum.

Carter Machine doesn't check this place. Unless you want to get parts used from members here, check out Welcome to Cartermachine.com and send Lauren an email or get on the phone.

Good luck!

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier_Bill View Post
Hey man, welcome to the forum.

Carter Machine doesn't check this place. Unless you want to get parts used from members here, check out Welcome to Cartermachine.com and send Lauren an email or get on the phone.

Good luck!
Thanks for your help!

I would only take certain parts in "used" condition provided that no modifications have been done to them, even something like polishing. I do my own work, so id rather have someone send me a used, unmodified, slide trigger or something, vs one that has set screws drilled into it everywhere or polishing done especially if its to the exterior.

Here are the parts that id take "used":

-Slide trigger. Any color is ok. No modified springs, polishing, milling, set screws, or other "trigger work". Of course, if you think your "work" is minimal, I wouldnt mind taking a look at it. Do not expect me to buy it unless its completely stock.
-Exterior barrel spring.
-Bolt. It must not be stripped, polished, or modified. It must have all internals which includes the "set o-ring".
-Used set of springs valve/main. Springs must be not compressed, cut, or stretched. They must also come as a set of 3 or more, 6+ springs in total.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Yngling Half troll

Send a message via AIM to EDDAKA Send a message via MSN to EDDAKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyFromHawaii View Post
Here are the parts that id take "used":

-Slide trigger. Any color is ok. No modified springs, polishing, milling, set screws, or other "trigger work". Of course, if you think your "work" is minimal, I wouldnt mind taking a look at it. Do not expect me to buy it unless its completely stock.
-Exterior barrel spring.
-Bolt. It must not be stripped, polished, or modified. It must have all internals which includes the "set o-ring".
-Used set of springs valve/main. Springs must be not compressed, cut, or stretched. They must also come as a set of 3 or more, 6+ springs in total.

Hi,

Most of those parts will be hard to find.Carter guns are kinda of "rare" enough already. Most people don't order tons of extra parts when they order their gun either. I suggest emailing carter directly and get ready for the wait
Old 02-19-2009, 05:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

guyfromhawaii what island you from?
r1dv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

Oahu.

You?
Old 02-19-2009, 12:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyFromHawaii View Post
Oahu.

You?
Welcome to MCB.

I'm a "katonk" but my parents are from Hilo (BI), and Waimea (Kauai) and I was made an honorary member of Team Ronin back in the days (w/ the patches, secret handshake and everything lols!).

Glad to see another person from the 808 on the board.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

I from Maui.I remember playing against team ronin when Carter first made a tournament here on Maui.
r1dv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Corp Por, Kal Vas Flam

I grew up on Oahu...Kailua to be exact...

I also have a pre-dye carter buzzard...I got it new around '96

carter sells the entire bolt/hammer assembly that includes just the bolt, hammer, and hammer spring. He also has 'powertube' assemblies...these include a new cup seal (at least they did the last time I purchased one in '01, not from carter but rather from central paintball). He should also be able to supply a new pump spring.

as for the set oring you mention on the bolt...this is actually a -112N90 oring that has been turned to fit properly. I was able to replace mine by chucking the bolt with a fresh oring and holding, with light pressure, a small peice of sandpaper to the oring as it turned.

Hope this helps...I recently tried to contact carter machine to buy a new bolt/hammer set and they flat out ignored my request. You may want to act like you are trying to purchase one of his expensive pistols in order to coerce them into calling you.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiba-Kun View Post
Welcome to MCB.

I'm a "katonk" but my parents are from Hilo (BI), and Waimea (Kauai) and I was made an honorary member of Team Ronin back in the days (w/ the patches, secret handshake and everything lols!).

Glad to see another person from the 808 on the board.
Wow... Ronin...

I remember seeing them when I first started playing PB at Kuuloa Ranch.

I think ones name was "Dave" but I have no idea why im associating that name with Ronin lol... I think there was a guy named "Hoser" who was on Ronin too!

In any case, thanks for the welcome!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Carter Machine