mcarterbrown.com  

Carter Machine Carter Buzzards, Comps, Mini Comps, Ducks and more!

Old 04-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Traded guns for cameras

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I love my Mini-Comp. There are very few markers I wouldn't consider selling, it's definitely one of them. I did a mini review in the Carter Machine Forum, Shoot to Thrill did a really comprehensive one in the "MCB Reviews it" section.

I'm coming up on a year of owning mine in a few months, and I haven't cleaned it at all yet. No chops, no barrel breaks, works like a charm everytime and never needs adjusting.

Carter Machine, PPS and ATS. All you ever need.
Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Use to be here a lot

Thanks Frink, I'm getting pretty sold on one just wanting alittle info before I drop that much cash on one. ATS is another story, if Id known what they were worth there would have been several up for sale on here when I first joined, same story with a Vector. They just arn't my style though.
bryceeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Bryce.... the long *** barrel is killing your efficiency. Go with a stepped bore or a shorter barrel. Seriously.. you should be happy you are getting 20+ shots on a 12 gram.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
Bryce.... the long *** barrel is killing your efficiency. Go with a stepped bore or a shorter barrel. Seriously.. you should be happy you are getting 20+ shots on a 12 gram.

E
14" is "long"? Sorry Schmitti, I'd have to disagree that 2 extra inches over the stock 12" is killing his efficiency.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Hell 20-25 (dependant on temp) is good as it is. But yes.. a 14" vs 12" will show a drop in your efficiency. No I'm not testing this as I am done with 12 grams... and I don't have a phantom... and plenty of people have already done this test.

E
Old 04-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

get the shorter barrel and freak bore it and pay very close attention to your paintmatch,use better paint,BBA to 12g changer and better springing are ways to increase the shot count and consistency,its well proven that the extra barrel length adds enough drag to harm shot count with a 12g
Gogged_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Use to be here a lot

I agree a shorter barrel will increase shot count, but not by much. BBA would help, but no sence changing it out only to get a Carter and seldom use the Phantom. I only use top end paint so thats not the problem. Better sprining isn't an option since I've got it set up the only way I can to get the velocity range I want. Previous to getting my Sniper I ran my Phantom on HPA so efficiency wasn't a concern, consistancy hasn't changed much between the two. I really like the reduced size and weight of the 12 grams, I just wish I got afew more shots off of them so it was alittle cheaper. I keep hearing that the Mini Comp can get 40 good shots off of a 12 gram and is super consistant, thats what first interested me in it.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

40 if you fire slowly... rapid fire will kill shot count.

E
Old 04-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
Use to be here a lot

Yes, I'm aware of that but my 25 on my Phantom is slow fire. I've got some new Phantom internals around somewhere, maybe I'll try switching them out and see if somehow that helps my shot count.

Back to the point of this thread though, so I gather that the Mini Comp is worth the money in most peoples opinion?

Last edited by bryceeden; 04-09-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
If you think it will perform better than a Phantom, then no. Any Carter is a great gun, however, I will say that.

I cannot understand how your Phantom is performing so poorly, but if you want a Mini-Comp, then get one. I am certain that if you buy a Mini-Comp it will perform better than your Phantom (as it is now), but that does not mean that Carters are better than Phantoms.

If you want one, get one, but don't expect a Carter gun to perform better than a Casady gun, because it won't.

EDIT: Take my opinion for what it is worth. I personally love Carters, but Phantoms are in my opinion the best a Nelson gun can be made. I don't hide the fact from myself that I spent $1500 CAD on what is essentially a Nelspot (my Box Gun).

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Carter Machine