mcarterbrown.com  

Carter Machine Carter Buzzards, Comps, Mini Comps, Ducks and more!

Old 09-09-2009, 03:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

New Carter owner... Some Q's

Hey guys, I just bought one of PBManiac's wicked old-school Carter Comps in the B/S/T (apparently hanging around here is beginning to effect my marker choices- first I start piecing together a Mag, and now this, my first pump gun). Anyways, it works beautifully, no leaks and shoots well, but I'd like to know what are considered the "staple" parts for it that I'm going to need eventually, no matter how well maintained it is? I like to be prepared.

Also, admittedly, I don't know much about Nelsons. I believe velocity is adjusted by using the adjuster rod down the barrel to turn the brass insert of the bolt, correct? Which direction does what, exactly?

Thanks in advance for your help. Planning on giving this baby some field time at the West Point game this weekend, just need to try and locate a decent pocket hopper locally.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
is a gunslinger

Send a message via MSN to postal_bob

At the risk of sounding rude, I am compelled to tell you that if you have to ask these questions, perhaps you're not ready for a Carter.

Most questions about Buzzards have been asked and answered already in this section. The section is only 4 pages deep, you should read them all. Also, lacanuck24 created a large Buzzard faq over on the nation that is worth checking out. Carter Buzzard Q&A please sticky this - PbNation
Old 09-09-2009, 08:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Bob, at the risk of sounding rude, that could have been worded a little better.

Rogue, which one did you get? I watched that sale and am looking forward to reading more about your purchase as you learn the marker.

Yes the velocity is adjusted down the barrel. It compresses the hammer spring to up the air pressure. When you disassemble it you can see how it works. Just like any other PB Marker, get a nice towel out and all the right tools and take it apart ans see how it works. Note the kind of Carter you have and read about why some auto trigger when assembled incorrectly (don't do that).

If you can't locate a pocket hopper you can rig up a stick feed, whack 10" off your wifes metal mop handle (if you do it right she will never know) and get a 35mm film cannister. Some black paint and electricians tape will make it look ok until you can locate a Beagle or Winchester hopper

Good luck with your purchase and tell us about how it goes at the game.
skx762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
is a gunslinger

Send a message via MSN to postal_bob

My apologies on the rudeness. Carters can be finnicky guns and ask alot of their owners. There are plenty of resources out there and helpful people who can assist you with any problems(like skx762 and even myself!). Don't let my brashness discourage you, pm sent.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Haha no problems guys, it'll take more than that to offend me, in fact I was sort of expecting worse. I picked up #4, the polished one with the T-stock that had the integrated bottle holder.

I had pretty much had the velocity thing figured out by looking at it, I just wanted to double check. I know its something I should have known before purchasing, its just that something sort of "called" to me about this marker when I saw it. While I've never OWNED a pump before I have handled a buddy's phantom and another friend's CCM sniper. I was looking for something more similar in weight to the phantom without being as stiff the sniper that I had handled was. So I sort of took a gamble on the Comp seeing as in my limited research everyone commented on how smooth they are. And after handling it just a bit since unboxing it yesterday, it is exactly what I was looking for.

I'll read up on the post on PBN more, I wasn't sure exactly how close the Buzzards were to the Comps, and I generally don't expect to find USEFUL information on PBN Apologies, although I don't have being a kid as an excuse for my ignorance, I did admittedly only get into paintball in the summer of 2006, so markers from the decade/s before that are somewhat foreign to me. I can tech the hell out of just about anything current though Thanks fellas.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
DCB
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to DCB

When they run they are hard to beat...but get ready for some issues at some point.

Enjoy!

Peace
CPPA #1092
Pump Gun Pimp #80
LPPC #164
Spec Ops Pump User#86
Pump Player Clan
http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54098
Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...html#post78710
Gallery
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...er=184&cat=500
DCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

because its a early pre-collar body comp, alot of the carter hoo haa on the net that follows his name is mostly buzzard related and it wont be any use to you,the early guns are bomb proof and very simple all you will really need is to keep a spare cupseal or two on hand.
Gogged_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

You can sometimes find Brass Eagle 50 round hoppers at Walmat or Sports Authority's.
JoeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogged_Gurl View Post
because its a early pre-collar body comp, alot of the carter hoo haa on the net that follows his name is mostly buzzard related and it wont be any use to you,the early guns are bomb proof and very simple all you will really need is to keep a spare cupseal or two on hand.
That's why I was eyeballing that sale. When I make the leap it will be to a Carter Tricar or an earlier Comp.

On the 50 round hopper; the one for the new Talon ghost looks to be pretty good. It's a tad expensive way to get a 50 rounder though.
skx762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

i got one of bacci's tri-cars ill post it up soon we converted it to stock class and restored it, its a great semi-budget shooter
Gogged_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Carter Machine