mcarterbrown.com  

Carter Machine Carter Buzzards, Comps, Mini Comps, Ducks and more!

Old 09-19-2009, 07:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Insane Psychopath. :D

Send a message via AIM to Legato

Ansy for my Mini Comp... :(

Well i was quoted when i paid for my Mini Comp to ship on 9/17/09. That day has passed. And i don't mind. I am a little ansy wanting to see my Mini Comp. But i know custom takes time. And i even told them to take their time, cause i know that custom takes time and i would never want to rush them. I like things done proper and right, not rushed and hurried.

Would it be rude though to ask for a quick cell phone pic of the progress though? I don't want to seem rude, or like i am rushing them. I honestly wouldn't be. They could take a pic of a chunk of unmilled aluminum with my name on it and i'd happily wait another 5 months for it to be completed. Just that i know that the raw chunk is mine...soon to be mine.

Like i am impatient, but i know how long these things can take. And i am perfectly happy waiting x many more months for it to come to me. I know it will come, and when it does i will be exstatic. One of the best days of my life. XD

But do you think it would be rude to email and ask for a pic? I don't want to seem like i am harrasing Laurie, i know her and Earon are busy as can be, what with all the markers i see posted up on here often. So i know the shop is probably balls to the walls busy. I don't want to waste their time, or seem like i am wanting them to hurry or rush. Quite the contrary...I just want to see muh baby, in whatever state she is in. Whether it's still just a solid hunk of aluminum, or milled and almost done, or just waiting on anno. I just want to be able to lay my eyes on it. :sigh:

What do you all think? I know i have seen guys post their raw Carter markers up here before. Did you all ask for those pics, or did CM just supply them to you? Sorry for the questions and the non sensical post. Just thinking. I just wanna see muh baby.
Legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Hoarder not Whore

Ha Ha Ha! You sound like an expectant father or something!

If you have paid for the services already and the due date has past without a finished product it is not out of line IMHO to ask for a progress report.

A friendly email requesting a progress report and pics if possible just shows you haven't forgotten and are interested and anxiously awaiting the finished product. Let then know you are in no way rushing them or making demands.

That doesn't seem out of line.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Dave-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Just don't expect the email to be answered expediently
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

they are very nice people and if you ask with respect, i dont think its rude at all to talk to them about progress,pictures and expected timeline
Gogged_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
smells good!

PM Demonio... he might be able to provide an update

WTB: Black 07 Ego Eye Covers

WTB: AGD Z-grip or Y-frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
what stimpy said
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
My butt hole hurts all the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
Stimps is the man! Not only does he smell his own farts, but he enjoys it at the same time.

FEEDBACK<<<<
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
DCB
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to DCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogged_Gurl View Post
they are very nice people and if you ask with respect, i dont think its rude at all to talk to them about progress,pictures and expected timeline
What she said.

Peace
CPPA #1092
Pump Gun Pimp #80
LPPC #164
Spec Ops Pump User#86
Pump Player Clan
http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54098
Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...html#post78710
Gallery
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...er=184&cat=500
DCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

if u ask lauren 4 some pics, she will send them, sometimes she will send the gun without telling u, but the r great people
DJYELLA.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Insane Psychopath. :D

Send a message via AIM to Legato

Well Lauren got back to me. My Mini-Comp is completed, just awaiting anno...there is the slight issue

Quote:
Sorry we’re so delayed! The really bad news is that our fantastic anodizer quit early this month, and it will be several months until he’s opened up shop again in a new location (just this week applied for the permits in new location, and it’s a long slow process). So… we’ve finally settled on a new anodizer to use in the interim, but we’re concerned with how your splash and custom colors will turn out. I’ll keep you posted (we’re sending it up Tuesday to the interim anodizer). With our fingers crossed…
I hope this shop does it as well as the other shop, or better. I am kinda worried, but i guess i can only wait and see. I LOVE how Frink's splash turned out, i'd love mine to look the same quality.

*crosses fingers*
Legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Wow I'm impressed that you got a response.

I gave up on Carter Machine a long time ago when I sent about 6 e-mails over the course of about 6 months. I was told not to bother them because they will refuse service, and was told once a month is fine.

If you get service, I may try again. But my last experience didn't really impress me at all.
Furion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furion View Post
Wow I'm impressed that you got a response.

I gave up on Carter Machine a long time ago when I sent about 6 e-mails over the course of about 6 months. I was told not to bother them because they will refuse service, and was told once a month is fine.

If you get service, I may try again. But my last experience didn't really impress me at all.
What kind of emails did you send??? They explicitly told you not to bother them again?
ironchef97 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Carter Machine