mcarterbrown.com  

Carter's Commando Home of the Hawaiian wearing, louder is better, let's just have fun paintball team.

Old 03-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #21 (permalink)

Wow, I'm gonna have to bring this sacred tradition over here with me in the UAE.

Free face painting.....bring yo kidz.......
AngryScottishRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:41 AM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

For MCBers the first time to wear the Hawaiian shirt was at Pump Pandemonium I. This was to be the one of the first organized gathering of people from the boards. After lengthy discussion it was decided to call ourselves Commando and even more discussion as to what to wear as an organized team. If I remember correctly it was Caseagame who came up with the idea of the Hawaiian shirt. The idea was something that anyone can find cheap and reasonable anywhere. Since we were expecting people for this event from all over the US and Canada with varying degrees of income it seemed like a brilliant idea.
spydrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:52 AM   #23 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Yeah my green and white one I got at Target for like $12.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:52 AM   #24 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydrmn View Post
For MCBers the first time to wear the Hawaiian shirt was at Pump Pandemonium I. This was to be the one of the first organized gathering of people from the boards. After lengthy discussion it was decided to call ourselves Commando and even more discussion as to what to wear as an organized team. If I remember correctly it was Caseagame who came up with the idea of the Hawaiian shirt. The idea was something that anyone can find cheap and reasonable anywhere. Since we were expecting people for this event from all over the US and Canada with varying degrees of income it seemed like a brilliant idea.
Awesome! So I see how the Hawaiian shirt became the official "jersey" of the Commandos. In my opinion it was/is the perfect choice.

Do you remember what year that was in?
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:29 PM   #25 (permalink)
Discovr of the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Excellent.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
Run?

Brass N Wood Fan
I picked up a couple for $5 each at a thrift store today. I'm all set for pistols/pumps at Linglestown next month.

My Feedback Thread

JonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
Phantom Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanonsGrin View Post
The more I think about it, I think I have maybe heard before that the Hawaiian shirt thing is for the OG paint ballers. We don't move as fast as we used to, so you be as loud and bright as possible so the people come to you. Loudeners used to be big on guns too. For some reason, HurtCow comes to mind when I start thinking OG paintball players. Haha. I might be off in my assessment, so hopefully one of the more seasoned members can chime in
Curt moves pretty nimbly, for an old fella. Also, sneaky bastard so I believe that makes the qualification.

I always thought the purpose was to show sense of humor. You can be serious about it without "taking it seriously". I play to win but I try to not to cry in my cheerios when I get reamed. Which is all the time.
Feedback
BoBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Here's mine. My team just so happened to be playing as "columbians" so it kinda worked out.
If the rest of our life is financially responsible, why not overspend on markers. If the rest of our life is a mess, it could be financially irresponsible to spend on markers.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Oksoldier20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:15 PM   #29 (permalink)
TEAM FOOD

ugh, i hate hawiian shirts so much.

i wont be caught dead in one, or alive, on, or off any field.

BTW. noone let my dad know hawiian shirts are trendy in paintball. ive spent years trying to change the subject when he asks 'why are those dudes wearing hawiian shirts'. if he ever catches wind that its 'cool' he will be all over it. and trust me, once this guy gets on a bandwagon...it wont be cool.

his favorite exclaimations are "can i get a what whaaaaa" and "who let the dogs out who-who-whowho"

yeah, that guy plays on my team....
thesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:46 PM   #30 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

Sounds like he's definitely one of us. Give him a pump and a screen name and send him over.

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.
Tugboater203 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Carter's Commando