mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 11-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Present

CCM Fan
Pellets want love, too!

This line of thought started out when I was in Bass Pro shop. I saw one of the replica model 25 airguns, and thought they were pretty cool. However, made in China isn't exactly my cuppa tea.Then I started thinking, why can't the phantom be made to shoot pellets? Crosman has an air pistol which gets around the same efficiency with a 12 gram as a phantom, and can kill varmint easily. This must mean you need around the same amount of air to shoot a pellet as you do a paintball. Then everything started assembling itself in my head, and the picture I posted is a rough schematic. It's a system which would simply replace the stock barrel, and would have it's own loading mechanism (I was thinking either stripper clip or a circular magazine[haha, I didn't mix up magazine and clip, what now, nitpickers?] for the loading method), and maybe even have fiber optic rifle sights, which would give a lot more functionality to the phantom, and would give several of you an excuse to your wives for buying more phantoms(rabbit stew makes a good recession buster). At one point there could be harpoon barrels, airsoft barrels, or you could just stick a firing pin in front of the bolt and have a .22. And imagine how fun it would be to go rambo on the squirrels with an autotrigger in hunting season.

Note: this isn't as much a product soon coming into realization as much as an idea I felt I had to share.
ComradeBenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wowomatic

I would hold off on all that, especially the .22 idea. It's all just anti-paintball political ammo. Besides, having a single all-around gun goes against the very core of gun-whoring etiquette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
Look at it this way, at least you had pants on when your mom walked in.

Right?

wowomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

wowomatic, Sheridans are nothing but converted pellet guns. Same goes for the Nelson 707.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Present

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowomatic View Post
I would hold off on all that, especially the .22 idea. It's all just anti-paintball political ammo. Besides, having a single all-around gun goes against the very core of gun-whoring etiquette.
Gun whoring is not a very economical solution for all of us, specifically those too young to own a credit card. I don't really want to do the .22 as much as the .177, and I don't see what you mean by anti-paintball. I mean, it's no longer a paintball marker, and there are already airguns which can shoot at a higher velocity than handguns, which is not what this set-up would be capable of.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
Gun whoring is not a very economical solution for all of us, specifically those too young to own a credit card. I don't really want to do the .22 as much as the .177, and I don't see what you mean by anti-paintball. I mean, it's no longer a paintball marker, and there are already airguns which can shoot at a higher velocity than handguns, which is not what this set-up would be capable of.
The day someone can legitimately argue that paintball guns can be converted to firearms will be a sad, sad day for us all. That's all I'm saying. Besides, I don't think a Phantom would hold up to being a firearm for very long.

And the gun whoring part was a joke, I just forgot the .

As for conversions, I believe there was am airsoft conversion for spyders and 98 customs in the form of a barrel with an integrated loader.

Quote:

Right?

Old 12-01-2009, 10:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
I've porked many

There is a company that makes barrels to fire bb`s out of paintballguns already.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Present

CCM Fan
There is already? Damnit. But then again, they don't make one that's phantom specific, do they?
Old 12-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowomatic View Post
The day someone can legitimately argue that paintball guns can be converted to firearms will be a sad, sad day for us all. That's all I'm saying. Besides, I don't think a Phantom would hold up to being a firearm for very long.

And the gun whoring part was a joke, I just forgot the .

As for conversions, I believe there was am airsoft conversion for spyders and 98 customs in the form of a barrel with an integrated loader.
.22 caliber pellets are not the same as .22 caliber bullets.

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeTrevni View Post
.22 caliber pellets are not the same as .22 caliber bullets.
I know, killedcookie refers to firearms here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
..At one point there could be harpoon barrels, airsoft barrels, or you could just stick a firing pin in front of the bolt and have a .22. And imagine how fun it would be to go rambo on the squirrels with an autotrigger in hunting season.

Quote:

Right?

Old 12-03-2009, 09:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Oh. That's what I get for not reading...

In that case, dumb.

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI