mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 11-30-2009, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Wood stocked phantom?

I recently picked up some rare wood from my brother who works at a lumber/hardware store. I plan on making a wood mossberg style stock but I've run into a bit of a snag.

I've removed the main part of my 45 grip and am left with the rest of the trigger frame and the bolt hole that you would normally attach your grip to. What I am wondering is how I would go about attaching a stock like that to the frame. Hopefully someone here will have an idea or two.

I'm assuming someone has done something like this before and I'm hoping they're still around to help. I'm running a back bottle bucket changer but I've got everything mapped out so then I should have plenty of room to change 12 grams.

the stock itself is two, inch thick pieces of hardwood, sandwiched together to form one piece. I know I wont be able to attach the stock in the exact way in my reference picture (below) but it should work well if I could ever figure out how to attach the friggin thing.

Suggestions?

dunfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

That's a good idea, I may do that to buddy's trracer
Cheap-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

On the real pistol grips, there is a long bolt either from the end, under the butt pad, or from the bottom of the pistol grip covered by the accent under the palm. Seeing as it has a threaded hole in the bottom of the trigger assembly, you should be able to route it through the palm swell. You just need the proper length screw.

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave.
I don't wanna die, I'm a god, why can't I live on?
When the Life Giver dies, all around is laid waste.
And in my last hour,
I'm a slave to the power of death.
p-bpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Thats what I was thinking. One long screw should secure the whole thing but I'm worried that the wood may split. I'm still in the bristol board templates and photo reference phase. I'm hoping get to actually work on the wood later next week.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Corp Por, Kal Vas Flam

all wood will split, its just the wood used to make rifle stocks is generally hardwood and resists splitting (plz dont try to make a stock out of pine or fur)

slot to fit the standard m-16 mount and then drill a hole through to screw into the grip with a long screw

alternatively you can make an aluminum shaft that mounts securely to the m-16 grip frame, then the aluminum shaft indexes with a bore through the wood stock grip
souz4402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by souz4402 View Post
(plz dont try to make a stock out of pine or fur)
I've got some really nice hardwood. Its natural, unstained color is a deep red with greyish rings?veins?grain?... Either way it looks to match my phantom's acid orange/black anno pretty well.

Aluminum is out for now. I have nothing to work metal with other than a few files, hacksaws and a dremel without the proper bits

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI