mcarterbrown.com

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 01-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

So essentially, I'm not the only one around that would want a phantom in semi auto form. Sadly though, there's not enough of a market for something like that.
Ir0nExpress is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Back sorta I guess

CCM Fan
^^true dat. But it kinda loses the whole point of a Phantom when it starts having the life of a fruitfly. I wonder how the ATS manages it. It's a nelson too, IIRC.

If you are what you eat, then isn't cannibalism the way to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
barrels are like women - everyone likes them for their subtle differences and personal preferences. ALthough at this price, they cost substantially less than women.

(caution: barrels are not like women, do NOT insert your p3nis into a barrel)
ComradeBenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Machinist in training

Send a message via Yahoo to slowerpig81

Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
^^true dat. But it kinda loses the whole point of a Phantom when it starts having the life of a fruitfly. I wonder how the ATS manages it. It's a nelson too, IIRC.
The ATS uses hammer actuated pneumatics, not trigger actuated. Parts designed for the purpose last longer as well.

Possible? Sure. However it's not practical. I like my Phantom because it works. Honestly if I wanted a semi I would buy a dedicated semi design.

Feedback/Avvy by Tessa Schrader
slowerpig81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

has any one show him the said vid of his semi phantom. if see it and reads why stop it he see why mass will not want the item
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Would there be less stress on the internals if you cut down the hammer and put in very light main and valve springs?
Cheap-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
The goal for a semi auto phantom would to develope internals that would fit inside a phantom body that are more semi compliant

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Back sorta I guess

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
The goal for a semi auto phantom would to develope internals that would fit inside a phantom body that are more semi compliant
Can't believe I hadn't thought of that! A frame with all the pnuematics and a barrel kit to make it bore drop(a barrel which would extend into the body with a feed hole aligned to the hole in the body) would be a very effective way. Or a Dynamo powered solenoid, so none of you get worked up over batteries.

Quote:
barrels are like women - everyone likes them for their subtle differences and personal preferences. ALthough at this price, they cost substantially less than women.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
NonsystematicNomenclature

Well I just wrote a nice insightful bit of info here but apparently I wasn't logged in...... so ill make this the short version.

Ok so basically your idea is a autococker that works on a nelson rather than a sheridan. Well its alreadu been done back in the day called a autotrracer and some kits are available right now Bacci's 2009 Gun Sale (300 guns, pump, semi, ect)...

Here is some insight into the trial, tribulations, amd (re)design of pne player with said kit: The Gun From Hell
Can pick up a lot of help from his errors. Wrong pneus and regs=Wear and tear

A while ago I decided to build a custom nelson body for a piece together pump but as i started sketching up my plans I figured why not make 2 bodies? The second being for a steampunk autonelson with side mounted pneus a'la palmers. Lets just say Ive got some various special parts to whip up.

Anyone who wants to do something like this first needs to choose a gun they wont miss. Then pick out strong parts and good pneus and try to better the designs in general. Power tube imo is the weakest part for this design. So try to come up with ways to reduce wear. Im throwing a hard rubber bumper on my hammer so if with the repeated bashing only the rubber will wear out rather than bashing metal on metal. Little stuff to extend the lifespan....good parts should hold up fine if tuned correctly rather than just running it like guy with his gun from hell.

Anyways try it....its not the destination but the journey....plus a autonelson has a certain....agg factor
Sencha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Back sorta I guess

CCM Fan
I was about to ask about the autotrracers, I just saw them myself before you posted(a coinkydink!). Maybe making smaller parts and covering them in Teflon or nickel-plating them in all the high-wear areas would help? Besides, autonelsons would be the exact OPPOSITE of Agg. Think about it, the first paintball action ever made actuated by the same idea as the stuff that is equal to corvettes(better then than now) in the paintball world. Besides, I would probably get an L-stock spring feed(a la BE 90) and make it automatic(can autocockers do that? I'm not very familiar with them) and dish out result-of-a-paintball-gun-orgy justice. (parentheses FTW!!)

Quote:

Old 01-06-2010, 10:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
NonsystematicNomenclature

Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I was about to ask about the autotrracers, I just saw them myself before you posted(a coinkydink!). Maybe making smaller parts and covering them in Teflon or nickel-plating them in all the high-wear areas would help? Besides, autonelsons would be the exact OPPOSITE of Agg. Think about it, the first paintball action ever made actuated by the same idea as the stuff that is equal to corvettes(better then than now) in the paintball world. Besides, I would probably get an L-stock spring feed(a la BE 90) and make it automatic(can autocockers do that? I'm not very familiar with them) and dish out result-of-a-paintball-gun-orgy justice. (parentheses FTW!!)
Haha good stuff....but I consider it agg cause very few people will have seen it or even heard of them. is the wave of the future (in regards to coolness)

As to a a automatic cocker style gun the Boston Reflex kit is your best bet....or at least a home styled version of that. Its a bouncy response trigger. These two vids give a nice jist of the design pointing out why some things are they way they are (and dont have to be). Basically it just blasts full auto.
YouTube - Boston Paintball Reflex Kit
YouTube - Old Guns Tour Stop 10: The Reflex Kit

But youd basically destroy a nelson.....
Anyways teflon sucks, youd have to recoat it daily at those speeds. Nickel or good lubing is ok.

Key thing is that I figure the power tube would get bent or a too powerful ram would just hammer it into submission. A improperly aligned ram could twist and cause shearing stress. Gotta be dead straight or balanced well. This is where a course in Deformable Solids comes into play....or logic in general haha. Even get a really strong power tube is fine....

EDIT: Obviously great timing skills are required for longevity. If you've ran 'cockers this is super similar just different methods to make sure everything is perfect.

Last edited by Sencha; 01-06-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Sencha is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI