mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 05-25-2010, 11:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
The Spyder feedneck is not a drop in item, at least not if you want it to feed properly: How To: Spyder Feedneck on SC Phantom Body
Old 05-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rec Poster

There's also this feedneck adaptor. It'll cost you more since you'll need the adapter and a feedneck, but it's a high quality product that's basically guaranteed to work with no jamming or misalignment like you might get with a Spyder feedneck.

If you search long enough in the BST forums, you may be able to get one at a fairly reasonable price. I've seen a couple go for about $35 shipped with a nice clamping feedneck. They aren't a real common item though, so it may take a week or 2 for one to show up.

I went with the PMP adapter. It makes for a real easy bolt-on switch to a hopper. I have a Rainman undercocking kit, so it's not super easy for me to switch bodies. I also have the ASP detent mod done to my body. If I'd gone with an extra body, I'd need to spend $25 to have it modded for a detent, so the PMP adapter just made sense.

super_stanchy has been working on his own feedneck adapter, but he hasn't ramped up to full production yet and no idea on his pricing.
Dees_Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...x/100_2708.jpg

I am trying to setup the bottom of my phantom like this.
What stock is that?
I see the CCI 45grip ASA, but what is that piece between the ASA and the stock?
m1yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

First of all, you're really a lot better off avoiding doro.

Personally, I never liked the AR grip frame that comes on non-45-frame phantoms. That said, the cheapest way if that's what you have is to just buy the bottom line adapter.

I always like the Euro Grip + Lonestar bottomline setup. Can buy both from bacci for like 20-30, a little less than the cost of a 45 frame alone. I'll try and get a pic up soon, although it's on my sterling, you'll be able to get an idea of the grip setup. The euro grip I have is more compact than allows you to hold your phantoms tighters than a 45 frame. Not a crazy amount, but it does make a difference.

45 frames are nice because you can add any bottomline/onff/drop you'd like. With the AR or Euro grip bottomline adapters you don't have any options (although you could use an inline on/off).

OP, I highly recommend ASP (airsoldier.com). Infinitely better service than doro, that's for sure. Plus haveblue has pretty much anything you could want for your phantom in stock.

In terms of vert feeds, why not get a vert feed adapter and CCM feed neck?

45 Frame: ASP Online Store: CCI Phantom Grip Frame
Direct Feed adapter (buy ccm threaded ccm feed tube on ebay): ASP Online Store: CCI Direct Feed Adapter
CCI M-16 Mounting Bottomline Block: ASP Online Store: CCI M-16 Mounting Block

Eurogrip: Eurogrip in good shape
Bottomline adapter: Lonestar II asa grip block, includes 2 necessary screws to hold adapter into grip, new but wear from storage - Misc Lone Star / M-16 Bottomline blocks - ASAs - Air / Bottomlines

Goodluck! And, remember: avoid DORO!
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:47 AM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to esparzar Send a message via MSN to esparzar Send a message via Yahoo to esparzar

Mike does offer a reducer that accepts a 1/8 npt fitting which I believe red herring has pictured or here:

Personally I'm a fan of regulators and eliminating as many variables (inconsistencies) as possible. Which is why I run a VSC with a Reg.

If I really wanted to and had the cash I would run a palmer stab as well but that would just be crazy and unnecessary.
esparzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Double regging a phantom isn't the best idea. I mean, really not necessary. First you're generally not going to be running such a low pressure where double regging is even possible (200psi between input and output of each reg is what is generally suggested - so if you're input is 850psi, your first reg's output should be 600-650 and the second 400-450).

One or the other. Both are great regs - although for co2 you'd obviously want the stab and for hpa your dye reg would probably work better. But again, this is a pump gun running ca, so you probably won't be able to tell the difference regardless

So while I agree with you that running the second reg would be crazy and unnecessary, there another aspect too - it would probably hurt performance more than help it. Especially concerning maintenance in the long run (more to go wrong)

And you can find those CA male --> 1/8 npt female adapter/reducer almost anywhere.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to esparzar Send a message via MSN to esparzar Send a message via Yahoo to esparzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine View Post
Double regging a phantom isn't the best idea. I mean, really not necessary. First you're generally not going to be running such a low pressure where double regging is even possible (200psi between input and output of each reg is what is generally suggested - so if you're input is 850psi, your first reg's output should be 600-650 and the second 400-450).

One or the other. Both are great regs - although for co2 you'd obviously want the stab and for hpa your dye reg would probably work better. But again, this is a pump gun running ca, so you probably won't be able to tell the difference regardless

So while I agree with you that running the second reg would be crazy and unnecessary, there another aspect too - it would probably hurt performance more than help it. Especially concerning maintenance in the long run (more to go wrong)

And you can find those CA male --> 1/8 npt female adapter/reducer almost anywhere.
True but there is that OMFG factor that I feel really isn't worth the money, as funny as the looks may be on a dual stabbed phantom. lol
Old 10-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
A singly (high pressure) regulated Phantom with consistent paint, bore control, and detents (such as those from ASP) is about the best the platform can be, in my opinion. You get consistency, efficiency, and simplicity. I have learned with Phantoms that leaving (mostly) well enough alone is about the best you can do.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
I have learned with Phantoms that leaving (mostly) well enough alone is about the best you can do.
Amen! Not everyone's such a huge fan as either one of us might be, but, generally speaking, while some are still better than others, Nelson based guns are *generally* perfect as is. Stuff like detents, bore sizers and barrels, yes, maybe necessary to add, but these apply to all guns. In terms of its valve system, as others more sagacious than I have said, is pretty darn perfect as it. That is, to say, the valve system is inherently consistence. There's a threads about this here, or maybe in the pump forum
Old 10-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine View Post
Amen! Not everyone's such a huge fan as either one of us might be, but, generally speaking, while some are still better than others, Nelson based guns are *generally* perfect as is. Stuff like detents, bore sizers and barrels, yes, maybe necessary to add, but these apply to all guns. In terms of its valve system, as others more sagacious than I have said, is pretty darn perfect as it. That is, to say, the valve system is inherently consistence. There's a threads about this here, or maybe in the pump forum
So by your statement the phantom is perfect as is minus some necessary add ons. However Mike himself admitted that if he could change the original phantom design he would incorporate a built in regulator like he has with the revolution.

But I agree, I left my phantom as unaltered as possible. I just changed my configuration again and will have another pic up.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI