mcarterbrown.com

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 05-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
Backard Engineer Special

Have blue. So many awesome products but not enough time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
The prototype is usually the hardest - then come the refinements then the ooohs and the aaaahs but they are always preceded by the !#@!@#! and the !#!!#@!% and the GAAAAAAHS
slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #22 (permalink)
is a gunslinger

Send a message via MSN to postal_bob

I haven't tried the much loved O ring mod, but as far as I know, those ported TPCs are the best product ASP has put out. Running a green main spring with the stock valve is amazing.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Stock class SPAM

Be careful, the ASP TPC does not like brittle paint... This includes: Nelson Anarchy and JT Monsoon.
808Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #24 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Phantom feed mod - metal working with hand tools

So I have been chatting with CJottawa, since he sold his Redux I lent him my phantom to use until his replacement shows up. He noticed the same thing I did, with my feed tube if your not careful you will chop paint...

Solution is to lower the feedtube so it sits flush on the body like a normal one. The problem is I run a dropout valve and the feedtube wont mount properly as the open end gets in the way.

Soooo. is anyone here any good with a dremel? CJ and I figure, if the bottom of the feedtube could be ground down a bit and maybe a notch put into the drop out the feedtube could sit flush to the body and it would solve the problem.

I just know that I would mess it up.

Ideas?

Edit: I also want to drill and tap the drop out so it sits 90* to the left. Ie the drop out faces left to make reloading easier. Anyone got any experience doing that?

Pic for reference.

Last edited by Stilgar; 10-02-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
A man without a mission

Brass N Wood Fan
what about angling the tube downward a bit at the front. Mill some off the 'ball drop' end of the tube so that end sits flush with the body, the back would sit lower aswell and still clear the dropout. It would take some getting use to aiming thou. My concern with milling the dropout so the tube sits flush is that, based on the pic, your gona have to mill a ton off the dropout, probably creating a hole thou it, and the CO2 aint gona fit in the dropout with the tube on the gun. If that makes sense. I'm pretty handy with a dremel (you should see the head I've been porting for a motor I've been building), I'd be happy to mill what you need, I've got a dremel and all the cutting/ milling bits. I'm home all week if ya wana swing by one night and we can play around with it.
Flying Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #26 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Out of town for the next week unfortunately...

If possible I want to keep the tube horizontal. I see what you mean about cutting into the drop out.

The problem with this feed is that it leaves room for almost two balls to sit above the breach. So when I pump it, the first drops in and the second tries to chase it. I have to be very careful not to let the first ball move too far into the chamber and have the second drop too far in to be bumped back up by the bolt when it moves forward.

I figure I could grind off the bottom of the feed tube, but I don't know if that would be enough. If I could lower the riser a bit that would help a lot but that would be very hard to keep the proper curvature of the body and keep the whole thing looking clean...
Old 10-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

Could you grind down the inside to make it more like a ramp so that the two balls don't sit vertically on top of each other?
Old 10-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I think that would have to be one hell of a ramp. That riser adds quite a bit of space, ideally I would like to eliminate the riser, or at least make it a lot smaller.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Depending on how large A-B is that might be all that needs doing. You will probably need a new feedneck screw as the current one will likely be too long (assuming the feedneck is screwed on).
Old 10-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #30 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
feed neck is screwed on but I have a standard one.

I think that is what I am going to try CJ. I really want this gun to perform the best it can.

Just thinking about that CJ, The notch in the drop out would have to be longer, or angled to account for the slope of the feed tube. I think I will try to take as much of the meat of the feed tube first before seeing how much of a notch needs to be put into the drop out.

Sooo? who has tools? lol

Last edited by Stilgar; 10-03-2011 at 03:24 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI