mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 01-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

CCI Dropout Changer Question

Hello all,

I finally got a Phantom, which is what I have had me eyes on since I started playing paintball. I played stock class for the first time and loved it. I can't wait to get out and do it again as soon as possible.

Anyways, I have a dropout changer on my Phantom, and I had a 15 round feed tube. Well, it's really hard to use the dropout with a 15 round feed tube, so I cut it down to 13. Here's the result:

Now, the question I have is this: is that angle of the feed tube okay? There is definitely a difference in the space between the feed tube and dropout changer as you go down the feed tube, because the feed gate pushes against the dropout changer. Is that something to worry about, or will it be just fine?

Thanks for all your help!
BassDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pumps in the Woods

Brass N Wood Fan
its fine, they all do that unless you take some of the plastic out of the feed gate.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he’s gonna have to beat me to death with it, ‘cause it’s going to be empty." Clint Smith

volunteer paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Quit shootin' my swoosh.

CCM Fan
Yeah, it's normal for that little angle to be there. Just screw in the feedtube like normal. I've got a 10 rounder on mine, nothin' to worry about

I got as much balls as a roman candle.

Exdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Awesome. Good to know. Thanks for the quick responses!
Old 01-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
THE NEW PA

i threw the plastic part in the mill and releaved it a little so it sits flat.
you could do the same thing w/ a rounded file.
i just went until the feedgate material was almost sticking through.
like stated above it isnt neccasary but maybe a bit ocd about the slight angle....
Old 02-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Another dropout related questions to those that use them as well as any stock class player.

Is it natural to lose air when screwing in the 12 gram? I have noticed that no matter how fast I crank the dropout knob down, there will always be air leaking out for a very short amount of time. However, it still kinda irks me. The changer is brand new. Maybe I need to break in the seal or something?

I don't know if this is just the way it goes, something common in dropouts, or something that just shouldn't be happening at all. Thanks for the help!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

Usually, I just hear golden silence when screwing in 12 grams. Maybe time for a new cupseal. A small hiss is probably no big deal, but it might be freezing the seal and that small hiss could eventually become a big hiss. Either way, a small hiss is not catastrophic nor is a new cupseal a big expense (and it's nice to have a spare).
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have a new cupseal in currently. It is a hiss coming from where the 12 gram punctures. Which makes me think it could be the puncture pin seal.

Maybe the puncture pin seal? However, it is new as well...
Old 02-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

as long as the leak stops, maybe not much to do about it. Oh, yeah--whoops--when I said cup seal the first time, I meant puncture pin seal. Small chips or frozen spots on the face of that may be causing a small amount of gas to escape before you get enough pressure on the back of the 12g to seal it up.

There is at least one thread about someone experimenting with different types of sealant to create their own puncture seals with success. Try a search--it may be in the pump or redux threads.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
THE NEW PA

i get a little loss w/ the dropout. the threads arent as steep as the bucket changer.
if things are slow paced enough ill snug the knob on the 12y til its about to puncture then crank on it firmly.
im going to stop this is starting to sound bad...

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI