mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 05-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Meek wizard

Send a message via ICQ to Ghostpilot Send a message via AIM to Ghostpilot Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostpilot

Well, that cleared up that mystery.
I have heard that the grip panels for a phantom 86 grip is not exactly the same as the normal CCM 86 frames, is that true?
In what way do they differ, contour or thickness?
Old 05-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

CCM Fan
they are exactly the same. you can drop them from one frame to the other.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
Meek wizard

Send a message via ICQ to Ghostpilot Send a message via AIM to Ghostpilot Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostpilot

I must have been missinformed then. Thanks artguy63, for the info.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostpilot View Post
Well, that cleared up that mystery.
I have heard that the grip panels for a phantom 86 grip is not exactly the same as the normal CCM 86 frames, is that true?
In what way do they differ, contour or thickness?
sort of...

a guy on my team bought aluminum pannels for his and they didnt fit, he found a different ccm 86 frame they did fit on...
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

there are two versions (that I have, not sure officially how many versions there are) of the 86* grip for the phantom: the 1.0 version has two holes for ASA/stock attachment and the 1.1 has four holes on the bottom of the frame. The panels for the two versions are not compatible with each other: the 1.0 panel is a little less than 1/8 of an inch shorter than the 1.1 panels. I'm guessing the 1.1 panels are compatible with the 'cocker grip panels but the 1.0 are not (??? I'm not a 'cocker owner, so I have not basis for comparison).

I am also working on making some palm swell wood grips for 86* grip frames.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_stanchy View Post
sort of...

a guy on my team bought aluminum pannels for his and they didnt fit, he found a different ccm 86 frame they did fit on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
there are two versions (that I have, not sure officially how many versions there are) of the 86* grip for the phantom: the 1.0 version has two holes for ASA/stock attachment and the 1.1 has four holes on the bottom of the frame. The panels for the two versions are not compatible with each other: the 1.0 panel is a little less than 1/8 of an inch shorter than the 1.1 panels. I'm guessing the 1.1 panels are compatible with the 'cocker grip panels but the 1.0 are not (??? I'm not a 'cocker owner, so I have not basis for comparison).

I am also working on making some palm swell wood grips for 86* grip frames.
i didnt know the exact terms...

yes the 1.1 pannels are compatable with cocker frames
the 1.0's are not
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Meek wizard

Any particular reason for CCM to make the 86grip for phantom with a non 86degree angle?
It seems easy enough to just remodel a real 86grip with a lonestar grip mount angle and hole. Or am I missing something crucial about the grip design by just looking at pictures instead of having one physically here to touch and look at?
Old 05-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_stanchy View Post
i didnt know the exact terms...

yes the 1.1 pannels are compatable with cocker frames
the 1.0's are not
he he. I just made those designations up for the sake of clarity.
But that is good to know as I can advertise my wood panels as compatible w/phantom and a/c ccm 86* grips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostpilot View Post
Any particular reason for CCM to make the 86grip for phantom with a non 86degree angle?
It seems easy enough to just remodel a real 86grip with a lonestar grip mount angle and hole. Or am I missing something crucial about the grip design by just looking at pictures instead of having one physically here to touch and look at?
Best I can guess is that the current angle was a happy medium between the shallower angle of the .45 grips and the steeper angle of the 86* grips. Maybe they felt a 86* grip was an awkward angle for the phantom? I dunno, my 90* frame took some getting used to, and still is not as intuitive a feel as the 86* grip, but but maybe that is just because of my repeated use of the 86*. IMHO, the CCM 86* grip is far to superior in comfort and pointability to any other grip. And, I don't really care what degree it actually is--it works. perfectly. But, I understand that other people love the .45 grips and have their own preferences.

Wait a sec, we DO have people from ccm here on the forum... maybe they can tell enlighten us??? (oh, wait, they are all about the a/c stuff and give no love for nelson based guns. me sad panda.)
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to esparzar Send a message via MSN to esparzar Send a message via Yahoo to esparzar

From what I understand Mike may pick up the 86 frames from CCM to put on his markers. Last time I talked to him he was thinking about doing it and talking to CCM about it.
esparzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
68 Cal Junkie

one word on the "angle" and grip panels...

cz75

That one word ought to bring the intelligence level of this thread go up to acceptable MCB standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agglet View Post
Vampirism is no joke get tested.
spymongoose is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI