mcarterbrown.com
 

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #111 (permalink)
Nihilistic Mystics
 
Have Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny View Post
Please also put me down for a left feed stock class in addition to my current right feed stock class

edit: Also, with the FS feed port option, will those bodies accept both FS rounds and regular paint or are they FS only at that point?
FS port should accept regular paint just fine.
__________________
Air Soldier Products
Have Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #112 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
tiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

AKA Fan
So there's no draw back to going with the FS feed ports then? Seems like a great feature to incorporate, I can't see a reason not to get them. If I change my order to add FS feed ports to both bodies will the right hand body be moved to the bottom of the list? If not, please put FS feed ports on both of my bodies.
__________________
DO NOT SHIP ANYTHING TO ME VIA UPS.

New PB Nation Feedback
Old PBNation Feedback
Tdotballers Feedback
MCB Feedback


Quote:
Originally Posted by DPrekel View Post
Hey - we are not "Nation"
tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #113 (permalink)
Nihilistic Mystics
 
Have Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny View Post
So there's no draw back to going with the FS feed ports then? Seems like a great feature to incorporate, I can't see a reason not to get them. If I change my order to add FS feed ports to both bodies will the right hand body be moved to the bottom of the list? If not, please put FS feed ports on both of my bodies.
There's no drawback... ...in theory. I have the port shape designed, but I still have to actually machine and test.

Final blanks have now been surfaced and I'll be doing the next ones in line soon (Xenpaolin first, since I've been holding onto the black body to ship with the raw one).
__________________
Air Soldier Products
Have Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #114 (permalink)
Nihilistic Mystics
 
Have Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI

I've emailed tiny3399 and crhill and PMed redhawk about their spots in line, but haven't heard anything back from them (or if I did, I completely missed it). If anyone knows them, remind them that their bodies are done (and if they want to pass, just let me know).
__________________
Air Soldier Products
Have Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #115 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech
 
ApoC_101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC

Blue, just do em the way we cut em on the Retro 7, it's really easy. feed port is .750x.750, with .125 rads in the two back corners, and a 1/16" chamfer across the back edge for a little extra clearance... helps when having to wiggle that FS round in the breech to get it to load properly. they are kind of tricky to load like that due to the breech drop geometry, the only way to improve that would require a considerable design change which requires a custom bolt (not really ideal for simplicity sake).

PS, I borrowed your excellent detent style for our Gen 3 guns, great design. Cheers!

edit: pic of said FSR compatible feed port design:


Last edited by ApoC_101; 11-16-2012 at 04:26 PM.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #116 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
tiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Blue View Post
There's no drawback... ...in theory. I have the port shape designed, but I still have to actually machine and test.

Final blanks have now been surfaced and I'll be doing the next ones in line soon (Xenpaolin first, since I've been holding onto the black body to ship with the raw one).
Sounds good to me, please change my requested bodies to FS feed port bodies. I don't use first strike rounds....but if I suddenly get the urge it'll be nice to have the option.
__________________
DO NOT SHIP ANYTHING TO ME VIA UPS.

New PB Nation Feedback
Old PBNation Feedback
Tdotballers Feedback
MCB Feedback


Quote:
Originally Posted by DPrekel View Post
Hey - we are not "Nation"
tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #117 (permalink)
Nihilistic Mystics
 
Have Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Blue, just do em the way we cut em on the Retro 7, it's really easy. feed port is .750x.750, with .250 rads in the two back corners, and a 1/16" chamfer across the back edge for a little extra clearance... helps when having to wiggle that FS round in the breech to get it to load properly. they are kind of tricky to load like that due to the breech drop geometry, the only way to improve that would require a considerable design change which requires a custom bolt (not really ideal for simplicity sake).
Yeah, that port design was what I initially thought of, but I'm going to try a bit more of a teardrop shape so that you can get your fingertip behind the round a little better. Might be good, might suck - gotta try it out to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
PS, I borrowed your excellent detent style for our Gen 3 guns, great design. Cheers!
Cool, I await the royalty check! :-) :-)
__________________
Air Soldier Products
Have Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #118 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
tangus999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cleveland ohio

1/4 rad? Looks like you use a 1/16 em for the corners from the picture.
Why dont you relieve the corners like others so the rifles fin won't catch on it. Like Tiberius does?
__________________
my mcb feedback
tangus999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #119 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech
 
ApoC_101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC

my mistake, it's actually 1/8" rad (1/4" tool doing it, is what I was thinking). we don't have any problems with the fins catching... there is plenty of room. the only tricky part is just getting the round to align and chamber up the breech drop shoulder positively, but that's always going to be an issue unless the breech is re-designed or you use a bore-drop nelson instead. see our FSR testing video on Russc's channel for a live performance of it's function
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #120 (permalink)
Nihilistic Mystics
 
Have Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
the only tricky part is just getting the round to align and chamber up the breech drop shoulder positively, but that's always going to be an issue unless the breech is re-designed or you use a bore-drop nelson instead.
That's why I'm going to try a teardrop shape - so that your fingertip can follow behind the FS round and park it right in the bore without relying on the bolt to try and chamber it properly.
__________________
Air Soldier Products
Have Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC