mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 04-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
standard SC raw

thank you =)
i think you missed mine =)
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Blue View Post
Fluted hammers - I have a new chunk of steel to redo my manual mill hammer fluting fixture (last batch was done on the CNC, and was only 1 at a time on the 4th axis - I prefer doing them on the Tree, as it's much more rigid and I can do 5 in a pass).
You make your own hammers? I may pm you with something if you could do a custom 1 or a tree of 5 possibly. I have been wanting to experiment with something a little different. If custom is available.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #33 (permalink)
Nihilistic Mystics

Quote:
i think you missed mine =)
I did indeed! My apologies, you're added now.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
Nihilistic Mystics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
You make your own hammers? I may pm you with something if you could do a custom 1 or a tree of 5 possibly. I have been wanting to experiment with something a little different. If custom is available.
I actually modify the CCI hammers. If what you have in mind involves removing material from a stock CCI hammer, I may be able to help. If not... Well, I still may be able to - drop me a line.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:46 AM   #35 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
I'll take a black SC RH with a First Strike cutout please, if it ends up being something you can do.
Thanks Have Blue.

MCB Feedback
Malafanango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:25 AM   #36 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Stash of ported and unported TPCs is still healthy - need to update the product page to put the unported (as CCI now makes them stock with o-ring) ones back.

Fluted hammers - I have a new chunk of steel to redo my manual mill hammer fluting fixture (last batch was done on the CNC, and was only 1 at a time on the 4th axis - I prefer doing them on the Tree, as it's much more rigid and I can do 5 in a pass). Will likely do future fluted hammers in plain electroless nickel - I don't think the PTFE electroless nickel was worth the cost.
Not sure if this is the right place to discuss this, but when making the fluted hammers, will they be made with a certain target mass? If so, have you decided on what the optimum mass is? Same as the one in the fluted tpcs + hammer thread?
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:40 AM   #37 (permalink)
MCB Member

No worries. That's what I figured. I call the shape 'Pacman ghost' and as long as the edges are rounded and not sharp it should perform beautifully.

Quote:
Just so that nobody gets disappointed, the FS mod would be nothing more than enlarging the feed port to more easily insert FS rounds by hand. No springfeed magazines or other magic, just a bigger hole in the body.
kospauste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #38 (permalink)
Nihilistic Mystics

Quote:
Not sure if this is the right place to discuss this, but when making the fluted hammers, will they be made with a certain target mass? If so, have you decided on what the optimum mass is? Same as the one in the fluted tpcs + hammer thread?
The fluted hammers will be done the same way as before, so mass will be right about 30 grams.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #39 (permalink)
Nihilistic Mystics

Quote:
Originally Posted by kospauste View Post
No worries. That's what I figured. I call the shape 'Pacman ghost' and as long as the edges are rounded and not sharp it should perform beautifully.
Yes, I was trying to think of how best to describe the shape, but 'Pacman ghost' is about as good a description as possible. Edges won't be rounded per se, but will go though the vibratory deburrer so that you won't be cutting your fingers.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #40 (permalink)
Nihilistic Mystics

Okay, that's all 25 slots filled up - really, I did not expect them to go that quickly! I'll fill out the remainder with SC black bodies, as that appears to be the overwhelming preference (so if you didn't get your name on the list, there will still be a couple bodies left).

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI